It's another new month already. January just flew by and left me no pleasant memories. I hope this month is better.
February is National Library Lovers Month
I love books, therefore I love libraries. This is my favorite place in town.... our library. I can get lost in there for hours with all the books, the research materials and the complete genealogy department we have is fantastic. There's only one thing that would make my visits perfect.... if they served me a cup of coffee.
Today's weather in Ohio:
We have been under a wind chill advisory since last evening. When I got up this morning, the wind chill was a minus 11° and the temperature was only 7°. The clouds broke up and we got a lot of sunshine this afternoon, but it didn't do much in warming things up.
My boss, the Realtor:
Daryl just transferred his real estate license to a different broker. Now I have to deal with an office and men I don't care for. He didn't want to have to do this, but he had no choice (long story). He had been fretting over this for several months, then he told me a couple weeks ago that he'd made his choice of brokers. I just hope things work out for him, but I have a feeling this broker will be taking Daryl's work away from me and having his office staff do the work. Daryl has tried to reassure me that he will still need me, but I'm not sure. Time will tell.
Dinner Out:
I was just getting ready to start cooking dinner when Hubby got a call from his #2 brother. "How about getting together for supper?" I gladly put the pots and pans away, and we met him and his wife at Orchard Tree, our favorite restaurant. We had a good time with them. We hadn't seen much of them lately. She's been sick. But the coldest day of the year and she wanted to get out of the house.
A new book:
I started reading a new book last night called "The Unseen" by Luke Alistar. It's not my traditional kind of book, but it was a 'freebie' (Kindle version) and the reviews caught my interest. I read several chapters about a young girl in the mid-1800's that was dropped off by her parents at an insane asylum. So sad. But I want to continue with it to see what happens to her.
I've gotten several interesting books from Amazon's daily deals..... free! They're all usually by unknown writers, but most have been very good. If a writer doesn't have a good style, shows real talent, I don't waste my time. There's so many other books I can read instead.
Well, I think I'll close this and head over to Facebook to see what my friends and family are up to. Hope you had a good day. Thanks for stopping by.
Take care.
God bless.


I am a reader too, and have already downloaded over 200 books on my Kindle that were "freebies". I enjoy mysteries the most, but now and then I need some light reading, and that is what is so good about the free ones....can choose just about any subject. Glad you got to eat out and didnt have to cook. Enjoy your Saturday. 23 here when I woke up this morning and snow flurries are forecast. I am not holding my breath tho!
ReplyDeleteI read all the time, and love my Nexus 7. I started with a Kindle, but switched a year ago. All my Kindle books are there. I download a new "freebie" nearly every day. Like you, I've discovered some great new writers, and also some that I don't care for. I love escaping in a good book!!
ReplyDeleteStay warm! Glad you got out for dinner with family, and had a good time in spite of the weather!