Saturday, February 2, 2013

Snowy Saturday

Today's weather in Ohio: 
We got some snow today. So far this winter, we've had it mild, sort of. I think this is only about the 3rd measurable snow fall we've had. We got around 1½" today. Not enough to get out the snow blower, but enough to shovel out of the way. And the temperature got up to 23°.

Tonight's dinner: 

I fixed my hubby's favorite meal. We had a skillet fried sirloin that melted in the mouth, plus mashed potatoes, tomatoes and brussel sprouts. He was happy. 

Super Bowl Sunday: 
Tomorrow is the big game day for football fans. Since OSU isn't playing this year, I haven't taken much of an interest in who made it this year. I had to ask Bob last night. He may watch the game tomorrow. If so, I might peek in now and then. 

Punxsutawney Phil: 

I guess the little rodent didn't see his shadow today, so he stayed outside to play awhile and enjoy the festivities. I can't believe all the hoopla over this. But it is good to hear we're going to have an early spring. If you believe. 

The stand-off continues: 
The news has gotten quiet today about the stand-off in Alabama. I had to check to see if it was over yet. The man took a 5-yr. old boy off the school bus last Tuesday, after shooting the bus driver who was trying to protect the 21 students he had on board. The man is still holding the boy hostage in his self-built underground bunker. They have managed to get the boy's meds down to him, but it doesn't sound like they're making any progress in getting him to come out. I have an ill feeling about an ending. 
I have a grandson that age and I can't imagine how the mother is feeling. It's a horrible situation. I feel so bad for them. Praying this man comes out and releases the little guy real soon. 

Broken HD cable box: 

Hubby was not at all happy this morning when he found that his HD cable box wasn't working. He tried everything to get it to work right, but to no avail. So he called the cable company, Time Warner. He managed to get through their computer menu and finally got a human to talk to. The technician had him doing all sorts of things, but nothing worked. That's when Hubby's patience was wearing thin. It ended up by scheduling a service call for tomorrow afternoon. On a Sunday! I wonder what that's going to cost us. Bob said he's not paying a service fee because we've only had the box 4 months and if they don't take care of this to his satisfaction, we're going to go with DirectTV. Stay tuned for the rest of the story. 

This concludes my rambling for the day. I hope you're having a good weekend. 
Stay safe and warm. 

THE END


2 comments:

  1. Oh my. A bad cable box would be a huge problem here, too. I'm glad TW will come out on a Sunday. They won't charge you for that call, if they have any sense at all. Keep us posted!

    Your meal looks delicious! I really love brussel sprouts, but Joe doesn't. Once in awhile, I make them just for me.

    The groundhog thing is a silly tradition, I guess, but kind of fun to look forward to. I love the movie, with Bill Murray. We watch it every year around Groundhog Day, just because it has become a tradition for us.

    I'm cheering for the Baltimore Ravens to win tomorrow's Super Bowl. I really don't care, but do enjoy it more when I can cheer for one of the teams. Ray Lewis is from Lakeland, and this will be his last game with the Ravens. Our niece, Lisa, lives in Baltimore and is a huge Ravens fan. I do enjoy the commercials!

    Have a good Sunday, Carol, and stay safe & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, that meal looks so good. When a piece of equipment doesnt work, I get frustrated too. I pay big bucks and want things to work. lol I dont have a "dog in that super bowl fight", so all I can say is may the best team win! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....