Our HD cable box:
The Time Warner repairman was here this afternoon, as scheduled, and got our box working again. He was explaining a lot of technical stuff to Bob, which I'm not sure he understood, but he told Bob what went wrong with the box. Bob told him about his conversation with the phone tech yesterday and what that man told Bob to do. This guy said he's the one that totally screwed up the codes in the box. But we're ok now and Hubby is happy.
Today's weather report:
We had cloudy skies most of the day. The sun did peak out briefly off and on, but not enough to give us any warmth. The snow did start melting in a few areas. It seems the roads are all fairly safe. Today's high was only 17° with 20-30 mph wind gusts, making the wind chill around 5°. Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the same.
Golden Girls:
Today on the Hallmark channel is a marathon of Golden Girls. I love that show. Now matter how many times I've seen each show, they can still make me laugh.
Today's celebrity birthday:
Norman Rockwell was born on Feb. 3, 1894.
He's quoted as saying: "The secret to so many artists living so long is that every painting is a new adventure. So, you see, they're always looking ahead to something new and exciting. The secret is not to look back."
A Sweet Treat:
I got hungry for something sweet this afternoon, so I scrounged through the cupboard in search of ideas and ingredients. I ended up making some small blueberry muffins.
Then for supper we had pizza from Pizza Hut.
Daughter #2:
Lori called this afternoon. She's our daughter that lives in Michigan. I haven't seen them since Christmas Eve. It was nice talking to her. I miss them.
Super Bowl:
I guess the game isn't going very well. Bob's watching it in the other room and he said if the 3rd quarter isn't any better, he's changing the station. He didn't like the half-time show, the commercials are stupid and the power went out so they have a long delay. Oh, well.
I hope you had a good day.
God bless.
Good morning, Carol! We have a frosty 39 degrees here this morning, and I am freezing! Can't imagine Ohio weather anymore. Been here in FL too long. Brrrrr!!
ReplyDeleteThe Super Bowl was quite exciting, except for the black-out. I agree that half-time was terrible, but it usually is. They try too hard. They should have a couple of college bands to do half-time instead! The commercials this year did leave something out. I agree. I did love the Clydesdale one, the Tide and Kia commercials. Was disappointed by the e-trade baby this year. Stay warm & safe!! Wishing you a good week!
Hi Carol, I'm just catching up with everyone on my list here in blogger. Somehow or another your blog fell off my list!! So thankful that we have several friends in common and I got to you through one of them. I added you back on...now stay put, alright? ;). I've gone back to Christmas and read everything so I'm all caught up with you and everyone else. I will be posting something soon, I have several blog entries cooked up in my head, just haven't had time to get them out there.
ReplyDeleteI've sure missed you all!!