The new word for today:
I came across this word today, and as I usually do, I consulted good ol' Webster to find the meaning.
Creche (also spelled cresch) may refer to 1) a day care center, an organization of adults who take care of children in place of their parents; 2) a nativity scene, a group of figures arranged to represent the birth of Jesus Christ; and 3) in zoology it refers to animals taking care of young that are not their own.
How about that?
Winter continues in Ohio:
We are currently under another winter storm advisory. Snowy conditions to continue until late tonight with another 2-3 inches of snow expected. The wind chill is only 18° which I watch more than the actual temperature. That's what affects the body and freezes the skin.
As the snow falls:
The snow had tapered off so Hubby thought he'd at least get the back patio cleaned off to try to keep ahead of it. I stepped out to 'watch' and get this shot for my friends in the south.
He doesn't want to start up the snowblower and do the driveway and front walks yet, not until the snow stops, but you can see the depth of what we've gotten so far. Don't ya just love it? Not me.
Then someone on FB posted she had heard some report of a possible blizzard. Oh, no! I hope it was a joke.
The hostage is safe:
The little boy that's been held in the underground bunker in Alabama has been released and is ok. Thank God. The FBI is still not saying much on how the man died.
11:00 PM.... Bedtime.
I hope you had a good day. Take care.
God bless.
Carol, just looking at that photo makes me shiver! I spoke with my sister, who is a teacher and lives in McConnellsville, Ohio, and they were expecting school to be called off. Miserable! Stay safe (and warm)!!
ReplyDeleteHmm, I need to take and post a picture of our snow so Joe can count his blessings.:)
ReplyDelete