Friday, February 15, 2013

Fun Friday

Today was a good day...
Weather-wise the sun was shining for awhile this morning, then the snow flakes started showing up. It came down fairly heavy, large flakes, then it stopped and the sun came back out. The temperature got up to 34°.

Went browsing...
This afternoon Bob and I went up to the antique store. He wanted to talk to the owner about some old cameras we have. While they were talking, I did some browsing around. I spotted this back in a corner. I can remember playing my grandmother's. I loved to put on an old record, crank it up, then gently lay the needle onto the record. I loved the sound of the music. I wish I had her's now. They want $695 for this one and it doesn't look as good as Grandma's. 

Supper.... 
tonight was a new recipe. It's a "spooned-up meatloaf", cooked in a skillet instead of the oven. Not too bad. At least it was quick. The next one will have my own special touches. 

Baby Layton.... 
is still very sick. I talked to his grandma this afternoon and the doctor still doesn't have his test results back from the lab. Now his protein levels are falling. They've scheduled 3 extra days of antibiotics. We all appreciate any prayers for him. 

I had to laugh... 
this evening I was looking for something in my closet, when I spotted an old purse I forgot I had. I was thinking of switching over and carry it for awhile, so I was going through the pockets when I pulled this out. At first all I saw was the one on it and thought I had left a $10 bill in it. Then I took another look... 
and laughed. 
Several years ago, when my brother came up to visit, he gave this to me. He got it in a truck stop in Texas and when he handed it to me, he said "this is what you're worth to me".  I've kept it ever since. 

I guess that's all I have to write about tonight. I've got a bowl of popcorn and my book (another who-done-it) so I think I'll vacate this computer chair in favor of something more comfortable. 

I hope you had a great day. 
Until later..... 

4 comments:

  1. My mother in law had a record player similar to the one you saw. My aunt and uncle had one and when they died, one of my daughters brought all their records home, but for some reason, not the player. Supper looks good! To be worth a million dollars to someone is very special. Have a good weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love browsing through antique stores. Prayers for little Layton, keep us posted. I love the note from your brother, I think that's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lakeland is full of antique stores, and it is lots of fun to browse. Prayers for precious Layton continue, Carol. Thanks for keeping us updated about him. How great that your brother gave you $1m to express his feelings for you! Your dinner looks so good. I LOVE mac and cheese, but my Joe won't even consider tasting it. Pasta can only have red sauce in him mind. I enjoy it whenever I can, without him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great brother you have, not many would say such a thing. A nice keepsake to hang on to! Dinner looks good to me, mine was similar last night. I like to keep it simple in the weekend, so it is often pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....