Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday. Feb. 22

Third try ...
I've worked off and on for 3 days, trying to type up a blog, but I always get side-tracked and not come back until the next day. By then it's old news and I have to delete it. Even if I don't have much to report, I'm publishing this one tonight.

Weather report ... 
We lucked out on this last winter storm. We only got a couple inches of snow with a little bit of freezing rain on top of that. The worst part has been the wind chills. It was down to 5 below the night before last. 


 

My girls... 
my 3 daughters have been doing this since they all left home and went out on their own. Several days will go by when I don't hear from any of them. Then I get a call from one of them. Within the next 48 hrs. the other 2 will call me. You know the saying "everything happens in 3's" ... 3 daughters, 3 phone calls. hahaha
Lori called to tell me about her job. Lisa called to have me help her with a school (college) assignment. I've always wanted to go to college, but not this way. Teresa, our youngest, also called to tell me about her new job. She's working in a massage therapy spa here in town. She borrowed our van to move her table and chair into the shop yesterday. Since she'll be right here in town, she's planning of her and I having lunch together every now and then. Sounds good to me.

Baby update.... 
 Little Layton is doing so much better. I talked to my sister, his Gr-grandmother. She told me to thank everyone for their prayers because all of his tests kept coming back negative. They had no explanation, so the doctors called it a "mystery infection". But we all know the truth. God answered prayers before they could give it a name. He was very sick, but he still gained 2 oz. and didn't lose any of his birth weight. He's a little miracle and is going home


Today... 
was spent catching up on some chores. I did laundry most of the day, fixed supper and then sat down here. I found a good online source for jigsaw puzzles. I love working puzzles so that's how I've spent my spare time lately.

A death in the family... 
my cousin's daughter died suddenly last Sunday. She was admitted to the hospital in Toledo with pneumonia and was dead 2 days later. I was in shock, as was the rest of her family. She was only 47, otherwise healthy. She and her husband were raising their 3 young grandsons. It's tragic. 

I hope you are well. I've been trying to catch up with all the blogs I've missed and leave a comment to let you know that I was thinking of you. 
Until later... God bless.
 

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for little Layton's progress!! That is just the best news, Carol! He is so cute! Tragic about your cousin's daughter. So very sad. It's fun that you get to hear from all three daughters at about the same time. None of the news shared will be old that way, I guess! Nice that you will get to enjoy lunch with one of the girls now and then! It's nice catching up with your news!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What terrible news about your cousin's daughter. No wonder you didn't get around to blogging these last couple of days, that must indeed be such a shock. I feel for you and the family.
    I am happy to hear little Layton is doing so much better. Enjoy your moments with your daughters, a nice thing to look forward to, the lunches with the youngest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news about little Layton. I have 2 girls and 1 boy and 2 out of the three, call every day, just to check on us. If I talk to the third, I have to call her. Kids don't realize that we enjoy hearing about them and their lives....after all, we reared them to be what they are. The news about your cousin's daughter is tragic for sure. Hope your weekend is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you, Carol. Great news about Layton, but so sorry to hear about your cousin's daughter...how awful for that family.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....