I finished the book....It has been a long time since I've read a book that made me cry, but this one had me up very late last night. I had to keep reading, and sniffling. I couldn't leave her laying there.
Luke Alistar is a new author for me. This book was one of those offered by Amazon, free for one day. Since I liked the price, I got it.
I was surprised by this author. I liked how he brought his characters to life. I could see them, follow them, see what they saw and felt what they felt. I wasn't sure at first about the story line.... a very young girl who talked to ghosts? But it ended on a completely different note, not what I expected.
If you're interested, here's his web page..... here
Funny little dog...
Have you seen this picture yet? (It looks like the picture was taken through a screen door.) He's been all over Facebook. The dog with the human face. According to the Facebook post, he's in Mishawaka, Indiana, and he's up for adoption... probably taken already, if it's true. People were going crazy with comments yesterday. I saw a couple from people saying he looked just like their dog, so he must not be as different as I thought. Just cute, sort of.
Funeral Home:
Bob and I had to go to the funeral home late this afternoon. My cousin's ex-wife's father died after a heart attack. Ann and I have been friends for 49 years. I liked her parents and we all remained friends, even after the divorce.
Then Supper:
After we left the funeral home, Bob and I went up to Orchard Tree for supper. We both had the salmon, which we get quite often there.
Today's Weather in Ohio:
We had another nice day. The sun was out and I could actually feel the warmth from it. It felt so good. The temperature got up around 44°. We haven't gotten the rain they predicted, not yet. It's suppose to move in during the night.
A Favorite Quote:
"[We] don’t have to see the whole staircase to take the first step." --Unknown
Have a good night.

Carol, I ordered the book and look forward to reading it! Thanks for the review!
ReplyDeleteCute puppy - hope it got a home!
Sorry for the loss of your friend's mom. It's always tough.
Good morning, Carol. I like the quote, it fits what I've been going through lately.
ReplyDelete