Yesterday was ...
National Kite Flying Day and it sure was the right kind of weather for it. The wind was awful, all part of that storm that is hitting New England. I feel bad for all the folks in NY and Boston. "The blizzard of 2013" .... that's what my grandson is calling it also. He's stranded in a motel in Plymouth, MA.
Daughter #2...
I checked in with her this morning to see if they were snow-bound. They only got around 3" in her part of Michigan. But according to her, it's a very wet snow. She tried to push it out of the driveway with the garden tractor and it kept stalling out. Too heavy to move.
My washing machine...
seems to get quite a workout. Every time I look at the basket, I think our clothes are multiplying. I'm having a bit of a problem with it tho'. The automatic leveler doesn't seem to be working properly lately. So many times we run to catch it from going out the back door. I can't have problems with it. I need it.
6 years ago...
I read this afternoon that Jan. 9th was the anniversary of Steve Jobs released the first iPhone. Only 6 years! It seems longer than that. They are now on the iPhone 5.
Books and more books...
I've read so many books the last few years that it's hard to remember which ones I've read and which ones I haven't. I found a web site called GoodReads through Facebook and I use it to record my books. I know I don't have them all listed, that would be too big a job, but I added the ones that are on my bookshelves and those on my Kindle. It's a decent web site. I can chat with other people who are reading the same book I am, plus correspond with some authors I like who are on there too.
If you can't tell by my ramblings, I'm getting tired. So I will say "good night".
Take care.

Hope you had a restful night. I have that crud that is going around and my night was fitful, to say the least. Hopefully today or by tomorrow I will have gotten over this and be back to normal - whatever that is for me...lol I read a lot of books too, and would hate to have to list them. You are wise in using GoodReads.
ReplyDeleteI just started the book you recommended a couple of days ago, about the little girl who sees ghosts. I am enjoying it!! One of my friends uses Good Reads. I need to look at it, because I never remember what I've read. Hope your grandson is no longer stranded! Glad your daughter, in Michigan, only got 3 inches of that nasty white stuff.
ReplyDeleteGood night, Carol. I'll be turning in soon as well...can hardly keep my eyes open.
ReplyDelete