today was another ugly day. Cold. Dark clouds. And this wind is driving me crazy. We've been having gusts over 45mph for the last 2 days. I'm ready for spring.
A new member to the family...
Layton Eugene Edwards, 8 lb. 2 oz. Mother and father doing fine. So is his Great-Grandmother, my sister.
Grandson #4....
After school today, Ian (age 11) went up to the Y to play basketball with some friends while his mother worked a couple hours over-time. But when he got bored, he walked all the way to our house. When he came through the door he was tired, cold and hungry. I sent my daughter a text, telling her that he was here, then I went about giving him something to eat. Afterall, that's in Grandma's job description. My youngest daughter used to scold her boys that every time they came in, they'd tell me they were hungry, until she thought back to what it was like when she went into her grandma's house. It's normal. It's expected. Right?
Well, this weather has me feeling yucky. It's in my head. I feel like laying down so I'm going to go to bed early. I hope you had a good day. Take care. God bless.
Sweet picture of new baby and mother. Absolutely that is what grandmothers are for - something good to eat and a safe place to be. Hope your weather gets better today.
ReplyDeleteYour grandchildren are very fortunate to have a loving, caring grandmother in you.
ReplyDelete