My Saturday was a very good day. We had our monthly family dinner today over at daughter #1's house. Almost everyone was there. Curtis, grandson #2, was the only missing link but he'll be coming home from college next week. Daughter #2 and her husband and son even made the trip from Michigan to be with us today. It was so nice to have all 3 of my girls around the table with us. I've missed them so much.
Of course we had lots of food and my chocolate cake was a big hit, but I still brought some home. I'm going to try to discipline myself and not eat too much of it.
In the picture above, Bob is helping the girls put the dishes in the dishwasher. He enjoyed the day too.
Our weather was cold today and another gloomy one. The wind chill has been only around 17° all day. Now the weatherman says another winter storm is heading our way. We could get 4+ inches of snow Tuesday. Then spring-like temperatures by the end of the week. OK!!
Well, I'm going to call it a night. There's nothing good on TV, so I'm going to curl up with my book.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Sounds like your family gathering was a winner, just like your chocolate cake! If you get that snow, be safe...surely spring cant be too far away.
ReplyDeleteHi Carol! It sure sounds like your family get-together was wonderful! I see a four-legged family member in the picture, too...also helping with the dishes? ;)
ReplyDeleteYour grandson will have a happy home-coming next weekend! You will have to make another chocolate cake for him!
We are cold here (for us), too, but 80s are predicted for this coming weekend. We had to turn the heat on last night, and the AC will be back on by Saturday. Crazy weather! Joe said our HVAC system must think we're nuts! LOL
Wishing you a good week!
I'm happy you had a nice day with family.
ReplyDeleteWe borrowed your sunshine for the day, hope you don't mind too much. ;)