Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday March 4


Not much happened here today. The first thing this morning I thought of all the chores I was going to do, like laundry and such. Then I thought about it again. So I didn't do any of it. It will always be there tomorrow.  Darn….

My boss sent me some work last night, so I worked on it this afternoon. He has an auction scheduled for the 23rd so I took care of typing up the advertising that will go to the newspapers plus a flyer for a hand out. I set up a schedule for the newspapers and sent it all back to him. I'm now waiting for him to decide on the newspapers.

Our daughter stopped in on  her lunch break today. She's slowly building up her clientele of massage clients. She had 1 this morning and 2 this afternoon. The shop owner has a business page on Facebook and has her therapists listed on there. Teresa doesn't like Facebook but now she has to keep checking on it because clients are booking appointments on it. Modern technology at work.


We are under another winter storm warning, hence the exclamation mark in red. From our local weatherman:  "After a quiet first few days of March, it looks like it's going to live up to the saying "in like a lion". We'll have mostly sunny skies today with a high of 36. Tonight, partly cloudy with increasing clouds and a low of 26. Snow will move in Tuesday morning, 4-8 inches possible. Most snow will accumulate Tuesday night and into Wednesday. Snow will taper to snow showers Wednesday morning."   Whoopee…..

Question of the Day:  What do you do that you love so much you lose track of time?
For me, it's reading a good book. I can get so engrossed in a story that I forget there's even a clock in the room. What's yours?

Study shows that "morning people are the happiest people". I am not a morning person, so what does that say about all of us who aren't?

I've never eaten at a Popeye's because we don't have any in this area, but this recipe sounds so good I plan on trying them.

Popeye’s Copycat Biscuits 

Ingredients:
2 C. Bisquick (recipe follows)
1/2 C. 7-Up (I used Sprite)
1/2 C. sour cream
1/4 C. butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine the Bisquick and sour cream in a mixer. Add the 7-Up and mix until the dough forms a ball. Add a little more Bisquick if necessary (I added a little more so the dough wasn’t quite so sticky).

In a 9×9 square pan, melt the butter. Separate your biscuit dough into nine equal parts and form each one into a ball. As you can see from mine pictured above, they don’t have to be perfect! Place the dough balls in the pan on top of the melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Until later..... 

3 comments:

  1. Your weather is like a see saw...up and down..snow and then no snow. We are expecting rain today then flurries tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe; I copied, printed and am going to give them a try. Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather has been crazy too, Carol, but at least we don't have snow. I got a massage at the chiropractor today, and she was wonderful! Bless all massage therapists!! I LOVE Popeye's Chicken. It is so much better than KFC. The biscuits are yummy - please let us know how the recipe turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is back here today as well. SIGH.

    What do I love that much? Playing the pipe organ. I can be practicing, think I've been there for 45 minutes and find that 2 hours have passed by.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....