Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A bad day...

This has been a horrible day.

We got hit with the predicted snow storm during the night and found 7 inches on the ground this morning when I got up. It's the worst we've seen in the last couple years.

There was a 3ft. drift in front of our garage. Bob had an awful time trying to get the snow blower through it. The snow is wet and very heavy.


Out front we have a sidewalk under all that with another good size drift on the deck. The neighbors across the street may have to wait for the spring thaw to get their cars out.

According to our local weatherman, we will see a warm up by the weekend, up to 50°. Then another winter blast next week, which could bring more snow.
Update: "Looking at the new information, it appears a storm system slowly moving thru the area Sunday through Tuesday will be warm enough to be a heavy rain producer and create some flooding issues. The 7 inches of snow overnight plus possibly up to 2 inches of rain from this next system will overload our streams and Rivers. For tonight a low of 23. Thursday a high of 36 and low of 17."


I took the snow pictures this morning from inside, through the screen window, because I didn't want to go outside. I've been in bed off and on the last 36 hours. I don't have a cold. That I could deal with. Not sure what this is. Chills, stomach cramps, achy and weak. Last night I went to bed at 8:30, under the electric blanket and I was still shivering. I'm feeling slightly better right now, but I still can't eat. I'm going to try some hot soup later to keep my blood sugar up. I feel like I was run over by a truck but with no tire tracks.



I hope you had a good day.
Until later......

3 comments:

  1. Now, that's a lot of snow my friend. I sure am sorry you don't feel well, and hope it goes away soon. At least you don't have to go out in that snow so just snuggle down and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you moved to my neighborhood! My Hubby can surely sympathize with Bob!

    So sorry you're not feeling well, there are some strange bugs out and about this year. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Carol! I don't miss that white stuff at all! I'm so sorry you feel so bad. Sure sounds like the flu. Hope you feel better tomorrow....or you should probably go to the doctor (if you can get out!). Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....