Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3-13-13


Today is 3-13-13! Hope you have had a good Wednesday.

My past few days have been the proverbial merry-go-round. It's been crazy around here and I don't feel anything positive has come from it. 

It started this past weekend. I got a virus in my computer and I'm 99.9% sure it came through Facebook. I called CNT computer repair yesterday and took it out to them.  While they had it, I had him put some extra RAM memory in it. We picked it up this afternoon.

When we got it home, hooked it all up, and everything seemed great, but I still couldn't get online. I had been without the internet for 4 days. Bob wanted me to call them back, but I told him before I do, call Time Warner to see if the problem is on their end.

The lady on the phone ran a remote check and found out we have a bad cable router. We've only had this one 3 months after the last one went bad. She did a reset on our box and we're back on, but a technician is still coming Friday morning to check it out and maybe bring us a new one.


Our #3 grandson, Curtis, came in Monday afternoon. He's home from college on spring break this week. He stayed for several hours, telling us all about college life. I had told him a couple weeks ago that when he got home that we'd do something together, just him, Grandpa and me. He's coming over tomorrow and we're taking him out for Chinese, his favorite.

I heard from our daughter Teresa this morning that she had our grandson Jr, age 8, in the ER. He's got croup again and couldn't breath. He gets this every year. She still has the meds and a breathing machine she got for him a few years ago, but it didn't work this time. He's doing better now but it sure is scary. Poor little guy. I remember past winters when she'd bundle him and sit on the deck holding him so he could breath the cold moist air. That helped a lot. Many years ago her twin sisters would get that and the home treatment at that time was a humidifier. I used to rig up a croup tent and put them both in there.  I'd sit up many nights like that with them.



I was hungry for some warm chocolate chip cookies earlier, so I mixed up a batch. I just got them finished and they are so good. I haven't baked cookies for a long time. Oh, I've done the package mixes, but not my own recipe from scratch. Bob's enjoying them right now in the other room. :)



We had a beautiful weekend, weather-wise. It got up into the 50's, then it got cold again. Our wind chill this morning was only 12° and a light snow. I've been told spring isn't far away. I did watch some robins in our backyard yesterday. That's a good sign.








I hope you had a good day. 

3 comments:

  1. I know you were happy to spend time with your grandson. So sorry about the little one and his visit to the ER, and hope he is ok now. Have a good Thursday and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is a handsome young man! I know you will enjoy your lunch out with him today! Sorry to hear about your little guy having the croup. I haven't heard that word in a long, long time. Hope he is better today. Those cookies look delicious! I can almost smell them! I haven't baked cookies from scratch since Christmas. Hope your snow melted with your warm temps! Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robins??? Oh I can't wait to see one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....