Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thurs. Mar. 21


Another cold day…. The high was only 32° with snow flurries. Tonight down to 20°. At noon, the wind chill was only 17°. Our local weathermen don't see us having any spring temperatures in the next 2 weeks. I didn't want to hear that.

Last year the lawn and garden shops around here were selling tomato plants in March.  Not this year. They actually are glad for the late spring weather.


In the news:

After last month's meteor strike in Russia and the close asteroid flyby on the same day, members of Congress asked NASA, White House and Air Force officials what they're doing to combat the threat of near-Earth asteroids.
Their answer: "pray". 
What do those members of Congress expect them to do? How stupid.  This isn't a movie where they can send a shuttle up with men to deflect a comet before it hits earth (Deep Impact).

Question of the day:
What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
My answer:  'The Notebook'  I read the book then watched the movie much later. As usual, the book was better, but they both made me cry.
When I read the question of the day, there were several movies that came to mind (Gone with the Wind, The Green Mile, Of Mice and Men just to name a few) but I've not read the books.

I haven't been able to see my Thursday shows tonight…. We have basketball. Whoopee! Well, I always have USA with the reruns of NCIS. :)

My hubby has joined 'Friends of the NRA'. He's at a meeting tonight. I went to the last meeting but didn't care to go with him tonight.

I hope you had a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Carol, I am usually disappointed when I have read a book and then see the movie. Even Gone With the Wind, which is epic, is not as good as the book (which I have read 5 times). I love The Notebook movie, but didn't read the book. Actually, I read all three of the books by Stieg Larsson, The Girl Who Played With Fire, ...With The Dragon Tattoo, and ...Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. The Swedish movies are great and follow the books pretty well, while the American made first movie was terrible. Interesting question!

    I'm with you - not crazy about basketball, but Joe is a Villanova grad, so "we" are following them. Wishing you a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pretty in pink today!

    Great answer, Air Force! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schindler's List affected me greatly, both the book and the movie. I do enjoy basketball, but not on tv. So, like you, I watch my NCIS or Criminal Minds re-runs..lol Our weather stinks as well!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....