Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sat. Mar. 23


 "The National Weather Service has issued a WINTER STORM WATCH for our area from Sunday morning thru Monday afternoon. Snow should begin on Sunday .  Overall we could see 6 to 8 inches.  Winds will be gusting to 25 mph during this entire event." 

We went to a surprise birthday party for my cousin Ann last evening. Her daughter planned the whole thing and it actually worked out very well. Everyone got there before she arrived, including her 92 year old mother.  Several people were laughing later, saying that's the first time they've ever seen Ann speechless.  We had a good time.

Bob and I ran an errand this afternoon, and since we might not be able to get out of the drive in a couple days, we stopped to pick up a few items at the grocery store. We're all set to hibernate for a while. Oh how I hate this. My iris are starting to come up and the trees are budding new leaves. I hope this winter storm doesn't hurt them.

I live in a small manufacturing town with factories in all 4 directions. On our way out to the store this afternoon we saw black smoke in a huge cloud south of town in the location of Industrial Park. On our way home, we went out that direction to see where the fire was exactly. It was out there, in the building that houses a small trucking plant. I don't know how much was destroyed, or how many employees they have, but from what we could see, it was a huge loss. 



That's about all I have to report on for today. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. 

Remember to smile ..... and make everyone wonder what you're up to. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your new background. Even if you have that snow, the sunny background lights up the computer. Wishing you a good Sunday; hope that snow blows by you instead of laying on the ground and keeping you in the house. We have rain for a couple of more days, and then cold moving back in...brrrr....go away winter, come quickly spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good early Sunday evening, Carol! How great that your cousin, Ann, was surprised by her party! I love it when a good plan comes together!! I think surprise birthday parties are very special, but Joe hates them. I threw surprise parties for him at 50 and at 65. After the last one, he said he would surprise me with divorce court if I ever did it again. He thanked me, but he does not like surprises. LOL

    I'm so sorry for your terrible weather prediction - yours and many caught 'up north' in this ridiculous "spring" weather. Stay snug and safe! I'm also sorry to hear about the trucking plant that burned. Too many will be out of a job, whether it's five people or 50. What a shame.

    Wishing you a snow-melting, sun-shining week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on my reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....