Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Beautiful Saturday


We are having another beautiful day. The temperature is to get up to 57° with lots of sunshine.
 
And the trees are budding. We will be seeing some green leaves soon. Our grass is starting to show signs of color and not that ugly brown we've seen all winter.

 
I had a good day yesterday. Bob and I ran a couple errands then came back home. Around dinner time he decided we both needed a break from the stove, so we went up to Orchard Tree. When we left there, he wanted to run over to a local gun shop to give the owner some tickets for the Outdoorsmen's Club raffle. This man has a nice little shop behind his house, only open in the evenings, and always busy. Of course Bob got to talking to the men in there, leaving me in the car. But I had my iPhone so I listened to some music (Raditaz app) and played a game (Ruzzle).

Since Bob retired, he's gotten more involved with the Outdoorsmen's Club. They wanted him to be the secretary, but he turned that down. So he's one of the grounds keepers/maintenance. He attends all the meetings,  and helps with the public shoots.  With his membership to the club, we can go out and use the range anytime we want.  Now he's joined the Friends of the NRA. I went to one of their meetings last month. They're planning a big banquet in August, but I'm not sure if I want to help with that or not.

Last Thursday in my post I got to whining and feeling sorry for myself and I want to thank everyone for your  nice comments . However, that was only part of what's been bothering me. There is something that's been torturing me for a long time, but I haven't said anything about it.

Bob and I have not had a church home in the last year and it's been bothering us so much. It's a very long story that I won't go into now. Maybe later. Anyways, Bob's brother and his wife have started attending a large church here in town. They had been going to the same small church we attended, but when things got so bad, a lot of us left. That's when they started looking for a new place. Bob and I didn't. They have been telling us about their new pastor, what he preached and believed. Answering every question I threw at them. They're happy there so Bob and I have decided to give in and try attending Calvary church.

We've been praying about this for a long time. We tried the church my sister goes to. It's nice, a lot of people we know go there, but we felt the Lord was telling us "this is not where I want you".  Another long story. Anyways, we are going to Calvary in the morning for the first time. Pray for us?

I'm getting a very slow start on the things I have to do today, so I better get off here and get at least some of them done.

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. I will pray and I do hope it is the church for you. I don't know what I would do without mine and my fellow believers. I too was out for a while and longed to find where God wanted me.....I did, and love it! I pray you will too. Sending love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers flowing for you, Carol. Finding a good church and church family is so important! Do keep us posted!

    I think I will join the NRA, too. I believe in everything they stand for!

    Glad you had beautiful weather today! We did too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now reading this (Sunday afternoon), but I will pray for direction and leading concerning a new church home. Looking forward to hearing how it went today.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....