Sunday, April 7, 2013

A beautiful Sunday


Bob and I have this reoccurring argument. I'm tired of all the "stuff" we have. I don't know where all the dust comes from, but it collects on all of it. He won't let me get rid of anything but he won't dust it either. Grrrrr!  Oh, don't get me wrong… it's not junk and I try to keep it looking nice, but I'm tired of it. We have knick-knacks, collectibles, books, ect. He's not a pack-rat, per se, but he's close. He doesn't like to just give things away…. If you don't want it, sell it. I've tried selling some things,  but no one wants to buy our stuff. They say one man's junk is another man's treasure. Not true. I've tried garage sales, worked my butt off for 5 days, and only  made only $20. I've tried to sell some things online, no one wants them. I just want to take some of this stuff to Goodwill. He won't. I think this housewife is going to have to put her foot down and win this argument. Maybe.

Another problem is the house. We bought this little 3 bedroom bungalow 20 years ago and I like living here. But I'm still looking at the same old wallpaper, the old blue carpet in this room, and the same old furniture. We have not been able to come up with money to buy new or hire anyone to help with the things that need done.  We can't do it ourselves. I'm so ashamed to have anyone come here.

We went to church this morning at Calvary Evangelical. The service was very good. Bob likes the pastor, so I'm pretty sure we'll be going again. It just felt right.  Of course we really can't tell from just one visit, so we'll give it a few more weeks. We did talk to several friends that we went to church with years ago. It was good seeing them all again. They all acted very pleased to see us.  After we left church, we went up to Orchard Tree for brunch. The place was packed, as it always is on Sundays. Now that my belly's full, I feel like taking a nap.

Our weather today is another beautiful sunshiny day.  62° and not a cloud in sight. But as they say in Ohio, just wait…. It'll change. The forecast for the next 3 days is rain.

I hope you're having a good day.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you went to church and liked it. I agree tho, you need to go several more times to be sure it is the place for you. I know what you mean about 'junk' or 'stuff'. I have it everywhere and Jim is a pack rat for sure. Not me, I will take a bag a week to Goodwill, if I can get it out without him seeing me! lol
    I had a nap and then we went and got a hamburger. Its back to church at 6 and then begin the new week. Have a good afternoon and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! I used to be the pack-rat, but over the years I have learned that it is much better to get rid of stuff than keep it around. That's not to say we don't have 'stuff' around. We do have nic-nacs and a few collectibles around, and I save too many clothes that I probably won't wear again. I'm getting better, though! I know what you mean about re-decorating and fixing things that need to be fixed. We have some major things that should be done, and we can't do it anymore. Joe just hates to hire someone, and if we do, we have to save awhile so we can afford it. But, thank God we have a roof over our heads, food in the pantry, and gasoline in the tanks. Life could be worse. And people don't come to see your house, they come to see you, so don't let it worry you!! Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pac-rat for a husband as well...he doesn't care what I do with the knick-knacks (we have MUCH less than we did years ago) but he has a two story building and a basement full of stuff mainly because he won't throw anything away.

    I am trying to talk him into doing a yard sale this summer even though I vowed I'd never do another one. In the past I make very little money on those, but will try again and what doesn't sell goes to Goodwill. I have been known to sneak things out in the trash or off to the Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....