Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tues. April 9


The sky finally cleared up late this afternoon and the sun came out. The temperature got up 82°. Wonderful!! We turned off the furnace and opened windows. I loved it. Fresh warm air. But as usual, this is not going to last long. By the weekend, we could have more snow and cold winds. Crazy. The part I hate it when this sudden warm up brings bad storms.

We had our first spring thunderstorm last night. It was one of those where the thunder went on and on, vibrating the windows. And that lightning! It wasn't in streaks. It was the kind that lit up the whole sky with that bright white,  destroying your night vision.

In the morning news…
"On Barack and Michelle Obama's schedule for today, this event was listed:
7:30PM ---  THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY host a concert celebrating Memphis Soul music as part of their “In Performance at the White House” series; THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks"

This is the Obama's 10th private party! Performers at the White House for this exclusive event:  Justin Timberlake (who will be making his White House debut), Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper, Joshua Ledet, Sam Moore, Charlie Musselwhite, Mavis Staples, and others.
The guest list for this private event has not been released. 

To attend any event at the White House, you must be invited and especially now since the White House has been closed to the general public.  That big beautiful white house is now Obama's mansion. The taxpayers no longer own it, according to him.

The word for the day…. Frustration.  I fixed our supper a little early today because we both didn't have any lunch. I was just 5 minutes from putting it on the table when the doorbell rings. It's Bob's brother. He knew I was cooking. He said he didn't want to eat with us. He was only going to stay a minute. An hour and a half later he leaves.  I managed to keep the food from over-cooking, just barely. Another 10 minutes and it would have fed the disposal.

My second frustration today …. Our tax man! He's had our paperwork for 2 weeks and  he won't return any of our calls. We've known him for years, he's a nice guy and he does us a good job, but this is getting ridiculous.  He does this every year. We're sure he has them done by now.  He works in the bank and does taxes in the evenings.  Now, thanks to him, we have less than a week to get them in and we don't even know if we owe the state or what we have. We've never been this late getting them in. I think next year we might have to find someone else.

I hope you had a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Every one dreads tax time for sure and having to wait til the last minute isnt good. I love company, but hate it when they call or come right at meal time so I sympathsize with you. We have had super good weather for 3-4 days, but storms arriving tomorrow and cooler temps. Hope your Wed. is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tax time is always a frustration at our house. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....