We had to run out to
the grocery this afternoon, couldn't put it off any longer. We were out of so
many things. Our area had been under a thunderstorm watch until 3:00 pm. So we
decided to get going before the storm hit. It was getting dark when we left,
just starting to sprinkle when we came out, but before we got home it was
coming down in sheets! Pea-size hail. Strong winds. Dangerous lightning. We managed to get the groceries into the
house before we got soaked (detached garage). It was awful.
I have an app on my
phone connected with a local TV station that sends out storm warnings to
subscribers. While we were in the grocery, my phone went off 4 times. I got one
while getting checked out so I told the checkout lady and she was very
appreciative. I remember what it was like, working inside a building all day,
not knowing what was going on outside unless someone told me.
We have a nephew
living in Texas. Bob got a message via Facebook last evening that his daughter
needed help with a school assignment. It had to do with her family tree. Hey…
right up my alley. I gave him all the information she needed so he could write
her back. Later she had another question that I couldn't answer, so guess what
I did today…. Research. I was able to find the information she wanted. Now
she's happy and I got more dates to put in our family tree.
I made one of Bob's
favorites for supper tonight… corned beef and cabbage. He enjoyed every bite
and said he was glad I thought of it. I aim to please.
We finally heard from our tax man. He knew by all the messages we left in his voice mail that we were not happy. We have an appointment with him tomorrow evening. I just hope to see some good news. If we owe money to the state, we will be hurting. He knows we're on a fixed income and things like that need to be budgeted for.
We finally heard from our tax man. He knew by all the messages we left in his voice mail that we were not happy. We have an appointment with him tomorrow evening. I just hope to see some good news. If we owe money to the state, we will be hurting. He knows we're on a fixed income and things like that need to be budgeted for.
We are currently
getting the 3rd wave of thunderstorms for the day. It's coming down so hard we can't see
the neighbor's house. Our backyard is flooded. I can now say I live in a
beachfront property. This is suppose to keep up until Tomorrow evening. This is
not good.
I hope you had a
good Wednesday.
May Thursday be even better.
Take care.


I think the rain and storm you had is due here today. We have had such beautiful spring weather for about 4=5 days now, I dread the rain and cooler temps again. Sure hope your tax man doesnt give you any bad news. I love corned beef and cabbage too, yummm!
ReplyDeleteHi Carol! We had a little rain last night, but certainly nothing like you are experiencing! Glad you got your groceries in before you and everything got soaked! The weather everywhere has sure been strange this year. Corned beef and cabbage sounds really good! I wouldn't say it is a favorite, but I do enjoy it!
ReplyDelete