We didn't do much today. We ran an errand this afternoon, to the drug store for Bob's refill. Then we drove around town, just enjoying the warm sun.
I fixed some steaks for supper, with baked potatoes and a salad. Bob's favorite. It tasted good to me too. I usually don't eat much red meat, but occasionally I get hungry for a steak.
While we were doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, our #2 daughter, who lives in Michigan, called. They're all doing good. She had a busy day at work, some new massage clients re-booked with her for next week. She's building up her clientele, slowly. So she's happy.
She's been shopping for new shoes for our grandson. He's just 16, stands 6'4" and wears a size 15 shoe! And not one bit of extra fat on him. He's all muscle. A big boy. He's the grandson that always teases me about my height... 5'1½". He bends way down to hug me. One day he got on his knees to give me a hug and everyone laughed so hard they had tears... including Grandma.
I miss them all so much. We talked about them driving down for Mother's Day. Lori wants to come down but she has to work that Sunday. The spa where she works is having a big Mother's Day promotion and contest, so it could be a very busy day for her. So I might not get to see her until the weekend after. But whichever day they can come will be a good day for me.
Our youngest daughter is in Chicago this weekend. They left very early this morning and will be home late tomorrow night. She, and 4 others she works with, went for a 2-day teaching seminar for massage therapists. Praying they will have a safe trip home.
I hope you had a great day.
A beautiful Sunday indeed. Have a great week, Carol.
ReplyDeleteA quiet Sunday is always good; nice to hear from your daughter and which weekend you get to see her is a treat. Hope you new week ahead is good, and you get some warmer temps.
ReplyDeleteVery cute story about your grandson kneeling to hug you! Our youngest, Jeff, wears a size 13 and I know how much trouble he has finding shoes - I can't imagine a size 15!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your two massage therapist daughters are doing so well with their new careers! That's great news! Nice to have a quiet Sunday!