We had thunder
storms off and on all last night with lots and lots of rain. I wasn't
surprised to see all the water in our backyard this morning. Now they say to
expect more tonight. The rivers are still rising. They probably won't crest until tomorrow afternoon sometime at 6 ft. over flood stage! Highway 224 west is
closed and Rt. 49 south. Here in town we've gotten 3.6" with the possibly of another 1" tonight. The temperature today was suppose to get
up to 62° but it didn't make it.
We just got back
from seeing our tax man. He did have good news for us… very good. All we owe
this year is $11.00 for the school, $0 to the state and we get all of our
Federal back. We're very happy.
We got a phone call
earlier today. The ID said "consumer research". I won't answer those
types of calls anymore, so I asked Bob if he wanted to talk to them, answer
their questions. He did. They identified themselves, very rapidly, but he said it
was just a bunch of letters that made no sense at all. The first thing she
asked was to speak to the youngest registered voter in the household. He said "that would be me". Actually he's 7 months older than me. hahaha
Now why
would they ask that? Next they asked "when you vote, do you vote Democrat or Republican"? He said he votes for
the person he thinks will do the best job. She said thank you and hung up. Now if we had an 18 year old child in the
house, I can imagine the kinds of things they would have asked/told them. The
way this administration is brain-washing the younger generation, this bothers
me a lot. Bob said he should have told her he was still waiting for his free
cell phone, or tell her "Obama said he'd pay my mortgage and he hasn't
done it yet".
That's about all for
today. I'm going to work on a jigsaw puzzle then take my Kindle to bed. The book I'm reading now is getting very interesting. Can't wait to find out "who done it".
Hope you've had a
good day.

We had hard rain on and off last night and it was still going when I went to bed, but sometime during the night it quit and we are to have a fairly nice day. Up early as Jim has to be at the dr. office at 7:30 and then we scoot over to one of our granddaughter's 'walk-a-thon" at 9:15. Any time I know I have to get up early, I wake up way before I should....lol Have a nice day my friend.
ReplyDeleteThe rain is good, but I hope you don't float away. So happy your taxes brought such good news!
ReplyDeleteI hope your rain has stopped! Enough is enough! I hope your husband will say those things when the next pollster calls. I'll be interested to know how it goes! LOL Hope you have a good weekend!
ReplyDelete