Thursday, April 4, 2013

Random Thoughts


Today's post will be just a bunch of random thoughts going through my head.  Be careful if you fall asleep during the reading that you don't hurt your head when it drops.

Yesterday was the 40th birthday of the cell phone. On April 3, 1973 the first cell phone went public. It cost around $1,000 and was very big and heavy. We've come a long way. Mine is small and very light weight.  At my age I can't say "I couldn't live without it" because I did and I was just fine.

Our weather is fairly nice today. The sun is shining brightly. The temperature is going up to 57°. They're saying we could see the mid 60's by the weekend. Spring is coming slowly.

I can't believe that one of those Febreze Stick-ums can mask the odor of all that garbage.

I got bored yesterday afternoon so I hooked up our turn-table with the needed cables to my computer, dug out our case of old 45's and copied a few of the songs to my computer so I can transfer them to CD's. They are kind of scratchy but it brought back lots of memories.

At our family dinner last Saturday, our grand-daughter brought her boyfriend. We were all sitting at the table, playing SongPop. When we got to the oldies, we got to talking about the old records. Christian said he'd never seen a 45 rpm vinyl record.  I had to chuckle. He is just a youngster, after all.

I had a frustrating situation last evening with my Kindle Fire. I was reading a good book and very interested in the part of the story. I was quickly swiping the screen to get to the next page. A couple times it felt like something sticky on the screen, so I wiped it off rather hurriedly, in an up and down motion. The Kindle took me from chapter 18 to chapter 59 in one swoop. I had an awful time getting back to where I was originally.  I won't do that again. Note to self: close down the book BEFORE cleaning the screen! 

I've been feeling sorry for myself lately. I know I shouldn't but the same thoughts keep going through my head.  (I have no close friends anymore) All I have are the people I chat with online, but not one of them would search for or wonder about me if I unplugged this computer.  As for my social life… I have none.

Then I'm reminded of this bit of wisdom:
Life is an echo. What you send out - comes back.
What you sow - you reap.
What you give - you get.
What you see in others - exists in  you.
Life is an echo - it always comes back to you. 

I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Your poem is a good reminder, thank you.

    Just so you know...when you went missing before we exchanged emails and FB information...I wondered where you were. Now...I'll search all available avenues so don't make me. LOL. I enjoy your company and your comments here and on FB. If you ever want to visit Lake Superior, you would be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Carol, I WOULD miss you if you disappeared from here. Count on that! I consider your friendship here a true blessing! I am actually wondering how far you are from Columbus? We will be in Ohio for a few days next month. Wouldn't it be great if we could meet in person?!! Send me an e-mail, if you want to explore the possibility: jtdorsanto@gmail.com

    I discovered, by accident also, that my Nexus7 screen will dim by swiping down, and it will brighten by swiping up...glad it didn't take me to chapter 59!!!

    Wishing you a great day, too! We have much needed rain today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, you are singing to the choir when it comes to friends in real life vs. online. I don't see or even talk to any of my old friends except online. I do have friends at church, but we don't socialize much out of that atmosphere. I also know the feeling of being down and blue, but hopefully when the sun finally comes out and stays out for more than one day at a time, we will feel better. I hope you can meet Terri and Joe....they are precious and we have met before. She is exactly as she is online but I don't blog with Joe. He is as nice as she is however in real life. Thanks for the info about the Kindle...I will remember that when using mine. It will get better - tie that knot and hang on dear one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....