The temperature right now is a comfortable 69°, climbing up to an estimated 81°.
And for Terri, here's the 10-day forecast for central Ohio...
Sunday 83°/68° with isolated T-storms
Monday 87/71 Partly cloudy
Tuesday 81/70 with scattered T-storms
Wed. 80/68 with scattered storms
Thursday 76/60 with scattered storms
Friday 69/55 and mostly sunny
Sat. 73/55 and mostly sunny
Sunday 75/59 and partly cloudy
Monday 78/63 with scattered storms
It looks to be very comfortable. :) Just don't forget a light-weight jacket for those cool evenings.
And that, dear friends, is the end of the weather forecast from the meteorologist in me. :) I can't help it. It's one of my hobbies.
Hubby is over at the neighbor's finding out what he's going to do. He has a plumbing problem over there, digging holes all over his yard. He said he may have to get a backhoe in the backyard and since the only access is along our joined property lines, that means there goes my peonies. Oh well. Matt needs working drains so he can shower and do laundry. My sacrifice to the cause.
While I was outside a little bit ago, I checked the flower bed. My irises have opened but the blooms are so heavy they're falling over. They don't last long, just like the lilacs. The blooms on them are gone already. The peonies will probably be blooming in a couple days. Our annual peony festival isn't until June 7th & 8th which means all the blooms will be gone by then. It's THE biggest event of the year for us. That weekend they'll be having all kinds of activities going on all over town. Art shows, flower shows, the kid's fishing derby, concerts in the park and the parade, just to name a few.
Do our feet shrink when we get older? I was looking at all the shoes in my closet the other day. I have a couple pairs of summer slip-ons that I like but could never wear for very long because they hurt my feet. I was just going to give them away but I've hung onto them for some unknown reason. Just couldn't part with them but now I know why. I put on one pair of them yesterday and wore them the whole day. They've never fit this well. I think my feet shrunk. Now if only my waist would do the same. :)
It's that time of the year again ... our annual appointment for the exterminator. We live in an area where the ants and carpenter bees visit in huge numbers. Those horrible bees bore holes into the fascia boards of the house, causing a lot of damage. I was so surprised that first year. The holes were as large as quarters, maybe more. And when the ants want to camp out in my kitchen, that's where I draw the line.
I know that I'm suppose to think of the environment, but with some things, I can't. And I won't. I need the nice man in the blue shirt with his trusty nozzle and spray.
That's all I have for today. I really should do something constructive today, whether it's right or wrong.
I hope you are having a great day.


Carol, thanks for the weather report. I already have a sweater 'cape' thing in the suitcase. We will be in Ohio on Thursday, through Tuesday, so it looks like it will be comfortable!
ReplyDeleteWe have the exterminator once a year, too, and they do a great job for us. Here in Florida, the bugs can be as big as one of the cats! Yikes! We HAVE to have them come, or we would have over-run with ants, roaches, spiders... The Palmetto bugs look like huge flying roaches - I hate them the most. We get the outside of the house baited, and they go behind outlets, under the stove and dishwasher... it works, and that's all I care about!
I miss Irises, Peonies and Lilacs. They just don't grow here in the tropical climate.
Oh I miss the Irises and Tiger Lilys I had in Denver! I have always wanted some since moving here, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm with you on the bug situation. I don't share my home with them if I can help it.
ReplyDelete