Tuesday I had a hair appointment. I couldn't cancel because I needed the trim badly. Then my sister and I had scheduled meeting after work. I enjoy getting with her so we can catch up. I'm afraid this time I did all the talking. She has good shoulders to cry on.
Then later that evening Bob and I went over to our daughter's to sit with the boys until she got home from OSU/Columbus with her oldest son. She was exhausted by the time they got home at midnight. She worked all day then drove 5 hours, down and back, to bring Curtis home from school. Everyone in the freshman dorm had to be moved out by May 1. She couldn't get him this past weekend because he had his last final exam on Monday. I think the school has terrible timing.The good news: he's going to be home all summer so hopefully we'll be able to spend lots of time with him.
We had a good time with the boys. Bob watched cartoons with them while I washed up her dishes. Then we baked some cookies. That was a treat for them. After they had a couple warm cookies, it was time to get ready for bed. I told Bryan, age 5, that he was getting tired. He said "no I'm not". The words were hardly out of his mouth when the eyes went closed.
Our oldest grandson Joseph, age 20, just posted this picture on his Facebook page of himself with one of his "new friends". Joe works with a traveling group called "Understanding Wildlife" that goes to schools and towns all over the country, putting on shows that teaches kids and adults about the rain forest and how important it is to preserve it. They travel with several animals, birds and snakes in a climate controlled trailer.Joe loves animals, always has. He loves this job, even tho' he's not home much. He was hoping to be able to save up some money so he could go to school to be a veterinarian.
Right now he's back in Pennsylvania where they have several shows scheduled over the next few weeks.
Do I worry about him? Of course. But the owner trains his people slowly before they get to actually handle any of the birds and animals.
I better get off here and get busy. It's almost time to start thinking about supper.
Until next time....

I know your daughter is glad to have you close by to help out when she needs you. I know you enjoyed lunch with your sister and have her listening ear...we all need someone like that for sure. Interesting about your oldest grandson and the animals. Hope you can rest good tonight.
ReplyDeleteHi Carol! Good to catch up on your news! You surely have been busy! Your grandson holding that reptile is a little scary! I don't mind seeing them from an airboat, but that's a little too up close and personal for me! LOL Hope things settle down a bit for you!
ReplyDeleteWe will be in Ohio later this month. I was going to ask you your location - see if we could meet for a coffee or lunch, but if you are five hours from Columbus, we'll be another hour from there. Fiddlesticks. We will be on the West Virginia border for a few days, in McConnellsville, then over to Xenia, to visit with my grandmother. A little to hurried to make it closer to you. Maybe another time!
Have a great Friday and weekend!
Your family has been keeping you busy. Thanks for the update.
ReplyDelete