Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday June 14, 2013

Today was a good day. The weather was perfect, a carbon-copy of yesterday. Very nice.

My day started with the usual household chores which I won't bore you with any of the details.

After lunch, which consisted of fresh muskmelon, I had to go to CVS to pick up my refills. Hubby asked if I wanted him to drive me, I told him "no, stay here and watch your show, I'll be right back". I had an ulterior motive. He's always going to the store with me and I have a hard time buying him anything when he's always with me. This Sunday is Father's Day, and I wanted to get him something.

I have trouble with him and the whole concept of Mother's day and Father's day. I get that usual answer.... you're not my mother. Grrrrrrrr! I'm the mother of his children!! But I never get anything on Mother's day. Oh, well, no big deal. However, on Father's day, I get back at him and get him a gift. It makes him stop and think, for a few minutes anyways. Next year we'll do the same all over again.


When I got home, I got something cold to drink, then sat down at my keyboard to practice the lesson my piano teacher wants me to learn. I did that for the next hour ---- and had a great time. I only got frustrated 3 times. I think I'm showing improvement. I know she's giving me more confidence in myself and that is priceless. As I've said before, I've always wanted to learn to play, but what I'm hoping to accomplish is to be able to play some Christmas carols this December. After that? We'll see.



Our daughter #1 came by after work to get our newspaper. The garage sale section was full today. There were 8 columns of listings. She's planning to head out early tomorrow morning to find some bargains. I decided not to go with her this time. I always buy something I don't need.

After supper Hubby and I went for a walk.... 
Around the corner from our house is the elementary school where I spent 7 years (K-6) of my early childhood life. I have so many memories connected to that brick building. Now it's coming down. The right half of the building is already a pile of bricks and mortar. It's sad.

A new elementary school was built on the south edge of town next to the new high school. The state government got involved by way of the grant money to build the new schools, therefore the state has the final say-so on what the city had to do with the old building. And that was --- tear it down. What a waste. There are so many things that could have been done with it.

Well, I have a date with my Kindle and a new mystery I'm reading. I hope you have a great weekend.












3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about how you're coming with your practice - I'm so glad you're enjoying it and feel a sense of progress!

    My Hubby is the same way about Mother's Day/Father's Day - I've made a card and I'll make him a nice meal after church with his favorite dessert.

    Sorry about your school, that is a terrible waste and I hate to see it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here for Mother/Father's Day, but now that my children are all grown, I leave all that up to them and so far, they have come through for both of us. That is sad about the school, but I see it around our area every day...I know you are having fun learning to play that piano and it is something 'just for you'. Have a nice weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - the same from all of us. Joe always says "you are not my mother" but if I don't get him a card, telling him what a great dad he is, he feels hurt. MEN!!!

    So happy your lessons are going so well! I hope you can do a recording of your Christmas music in a few months, and treat us to your talent!

    Too bad about the school building. Happens all over, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....