Saturday, June 1, 2013

Is it Saturday already?

It doesn't feel like Saturday. I'm not sure what day it feels like but I had to look at the calendar twice so far today to see what day it was. Have you ever done that? It's an odd feeling.... like I've lost a day somewhere.

We had quite a night last night. There were tornadoes all across the country. I watched a couple hours of Fox News while chatting on FB with a dear friend who lives in Oklahoma. We were both watching to see what direction that horrible storm front was going and wondering just when she should pack up her family and get to the shelter. Thankfully it all went south of her.

Then we got word from our local weatherman that we were under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning. I didn't shut down my computer until after mid-night because I was watching the weather reports. Just as I was headed for bed, I saw a huge flash of lightning, then a big crash of thunder that shook the floor and made me jump. I hate those. But I went on to bed anyways, read my book for awhile then fell to sleep without hearing anything else. Thank God we're all safe, including my friend in OK. I do feel so bad for all those folks that got hit again. Oklahoma has had more than their share of storms, destruction and lost lives.


I'm taking it easy today, just playing on the computer, reading and enjoying a fresh made strawberry-banana smoothie.

I make these in my Bullet. I love them and they're good nutrition. It helps me get some potassium without the texture of the banana. I'm one of those people who can't stand that texture. Bob likes them too with a little splash of orange juice in it.

For supper later I'm making baked pork chops and scalloped potatoes.


 
Yesterday our daughter in Michigan called to tell me that her step-son Ryan was killed in a car/truck accident early that morning. Horrible, horrible accident. He hit the semi head-on. We were all in shock. He was 28.
Lori was taking it hard and so was my grandson. He wanted to come down to see his father, so Lori made the 3 hr. trip. They pulled into town late last night. I haven't gotten any news yet on when the funeral will be. I don't care much for my ex-son-in-law, but when it comes to something like this..... no parent should have to bury their child.

Thank you for coming by. I hope you have a great weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Oh Carol, I truly am sorry for the death of Ryan, so young and so sad.
    I am like you 100% on the texture thing and especially of bananas...I dont eat them often because of that. I need to get a 'bullet' quick!
    what all do you put in it?
    I do get days mixed up at times, and Jim really does....have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Ryan's death. Hard on everyone and very sad.

    I don't care for bananas either, but will eat one now and then. Would just as soon not have anything banana flavored.

    We are home from our two-week road trip, and I'm not sure what day it is, either!

    Have a good Sunday. Hope the weather improves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of the death in your family. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....