Around noon we started getting those severe storm warnings until 8:00 pm. I knew something was going to blow up because it was so miserably hot and humid. Since we were totally out of some things, we ran out to the grocery store. We had plenty of time. The sky was still blue with white clouds. By the time we came out of the store, the sky had turned grey. We got home, unloaded the trunk of the car, put the things away and settled in for a safe ride. It started to rain then and in came another warning.
The weather still wasn't too bad, so I sat here on the computer and watched the weather radar on TV. It started to thunder and lightning, so I was going to shut down the computer. Just as I reached for the button, there was a big bright white flash of lightning. Then everything shut down.... computer, lights, TV.
I went in to the other room and Hubby was still watching TV. Now the big question.... why did I lose power in one room but not in the living room? Half of the kitchen was out, the A/C shut off and the bedrooms and the bathroom were out. This didn't make sense. Bob checked all the breakers, they were ok. It was raining so hard by then and the winds were gusting to 50+ mph, so he couldn't go outside yet to check the meter.
When he had been able to check everything he could, and still didn't know what the problem was, he started trying to get ahold of an electrician, thinking it had to be our problem. We were afraid that if it was our problem, it could be very dangerous and could start a fire.
He finally got someone on the phone and an electrician came right out. He checked everything and said it had to be the power company's problem outside. So Bob called them.
They showed up around 8:30pm and it was their problem out on the pole. The storm had broken a connection in the big cable. It took them about 5 min. to fix the problem. Then Bob stood out there with them for quite awhile, talking about the school they both attended and the guys they both knew. That must have taken another good 20 minutes or so. lolNow we're just waiting for the electrician's bill. We were told by AEP that we should have called them first because 90% of the time it is their problem. Live and learn.
Today has been a different story.... beautiful. Sunshine, blue sky and big white clouds that look like cotton. Occasionally we had one of those darker ones go by, but not a drop of rain. The humidity is down, the wind is coming out of the north and the high was 75° and down to 59° tonight.
We turned off the a/c and opened the windows.
I had an appointment with the chiropractor again this afternoon. I didn't get a massage before I went to him but he said I adjusted really well. I had an ultra-sound treatment then some physical therapy. She sent me home with "home work" to do. Exercises to stretch the muscles.
I'll start on them tomorrow since I already had a work-out today.
I'm glad you came by my page. I'm sorry if I seemed to ramble on with so many details. That is actually just for me.
Hope you have a good day.

I don't think your post is a 'ramble', Carol. Just glad you didn't have a fire, or a bigger problem! Also glad the surge didn't fry your computer! It's always fun to stop by your page, and I love your tropical background! Very Florida-y!! Have a good Friday and a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSo glad nothing caught fire and you didnt have to live for days without power in some areas. It is less humid today here too, praise the Lord. I cant handle the humidity very well. Happy Friday and weekend.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the situation wasn't any worse and all is well now. You don't ramble...I enjoy reading what you post.
ReplyDelete