Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hodgepodge

I may be a day late, but I've never done this before and when I saw her questions for this week's Hodgepodge, I thought I'd play along. So, here's my bits of information.....

1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
--- their computer. I'm definitely not an expert but for some reason, people will ask for my help. I'm self-taught and still learning. I took a class out at our vocational school one time to see if the instructor would/could help me with a project at work. It was a waste of time and my employer's money.

2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
--- moving furniture, definitely. I used to change the furniture around in the living room at least once a week, but now I'm getting too old and too weak to do it by myself.

3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
--- my father's brother owned a cottage on the lake in MI and he loved to go up there to fish. We would all pack up the car and go up there almost every weekend during the summer. When we had the girls, we had a camper and go up by the Auglaize River to fish and swim. After the girls were out on their own, Bob and I rented a cottage for a week a few summers until it got too expensive. Each year he raised the cost. I was sad. I loved it up there. But we both love the water.

4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
--- the lakes. I prefer swimming in a pool which I don't have and I've never seen the ocean. That's still on my bucket list.

5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
--- It's never a good idea to be cruel. I don't do that. I think there's always a better way. Some will call it tough love. I don't. There's never a good excuse for being cruel.

6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods such as- liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
--- I have never been able to handle the taste and texture of liver. My mother would fix it quite often when I was young because she and my brother liked it. I had pb&j. I'm not fond of okra either, but I have eaten it in soup and it wasn't bad. The other items in the list we both like and they have become a regular staple in my kitchen.

7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
--- I have 2: "The Lake House" and "Nights in Rodanthe"  Both love stories (chick flicks) and I like them both. I've read the books and then saw the movies.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
--- I always have random thoughts running through my head, it's like an old silent movie --- jumpy, shaky and in black and white. lol But right now my thoughts keep going to what I have to do today. So I better get going.

Hope you have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. loved reading these and learning more about you. If you want to visit a lake, come on up and see us...I have a guestroom now and you'd be welcome. Bring your piano books and we'll have a face to face lesson and then spend some time on the beach. Sound like fun??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julie! That does sound like fun. Wish I could. We would have a great time.

      Delete
  2. I too loved reading these and getting to know you better. Give me a lake or a river any day over the ocean and beach. Just not my thing. Family vacations are sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, anytime you are ready to see the ocean, just let me know. We have a comfortable guest room and are just a short ride away from the Atlantic and the Gulf. Seriously. I also posted "The Lake House" on my hodgepodge answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to see the ocean one day! Standing before the sea is one of my favorite places to be. Glad you joined the Hodgepodge this week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....