Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Hodgepodge Wednesday
1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?
Recently? I can't think of a thing. I do have a few things in my lifetime that I have accomplished on my own, but they were all several years ago. I got my first computer in 1976. Back then, I had to write my own programs in DOS in order for it to do anything. I taught myself how to do that which gave me the groundwork for understanding and repairing problems with computer software, until recently. Now the technology is too complicated and way over my head.
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails?
My fork? hahaha I'm at a loss as to a product that never fails. Everything we use these days is disposable, so nothing lasts forever. I'll have to think on this one and maybe come back to it.
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
At 66 yrs. of age, I have found my place in the world... right where I am. I've been Bob's wife for 48 years. When I became a mother, I was then responsible for making my girls a beautiful part of the world, intelligent and productive. This is where I'm suppose to be and I feel blessed.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
All movies I see are on TV or DVD, so if I determine that it's going to be a bad one, I change the channel. If I have to name just one, it would have to be "The Exorcist". And that's only because of the way it made me feel. I still shiver when I think about it.
5. What's the last fun thing you did?
Having all my family (3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws and 7 grandchildren) in my kitchen at the same time. We were tripping over each other but I didn't mind. It was all the laughter that filled the house.
6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar...ever been to Rome? What's your favorite Italian dish?
Lasagna! I make my own sauce and Hubby loves it. I don't make it very often because it takes such a long time plus there's only just the 2 of us now which gives us way too much leftovers. Now I only make it on special occasions. No, I've not been to Italy but I'd love to see it.
7. What is one piece of advice you'd offer new mom Kate Middleton?
"Raise that child yourself. Don't let the nannies do it all." It makes no difference whether the mother is royalty or plain Jane down the street, that child needs to bond with his mother and feel secure with her. I loved it when I saw pictures of Diana sitting in the grass playing with her boys and the smiles on their faces were priceless.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The breeze coming through the window feels so good. After 9 days of temperatures in the 90's and high humidity, today we turned off the A/C and opened the windows. We're suppose to have a few days in the 70's and 50's at night. My kind of weather. Very nice.
If you would like to join the fun in the Hodgepodge "game", here is Joyce's page on how to get started:
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/p/how-to-join-wednesday-hodgepodge_17.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Enjoyed your answers...we are so much alike! lol
ReplyDeleteLove your answers, Carol! Golly - I used to program in DOS, too! I remember REAL 8" floppy discs, too. They really were floppy! LOL Those were the days! I'm glad you have joined in on Hodgepodge Wednesdays!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers and learning more and more about you.
ReplyDeleteTeaching yourself the computer in the 70s is AWESOME! I can’t even fathom doing that!
ReplyDeleteThe Exorcist still creeps me out too. I heard Kate wasn't going to have a full time nanny...I definitely think they want to be as normal as possible, given their circumstances.
ReplyDelete