It seems I just wrote a post dated "Monday". This past week went too fast.
I am happy to report my daughter got home safe and sound last night. I got a text from her around 10:45pm.
Then I saw Lisa this afternoon at the beauty shop. I was getting my hair cut, 3:00pm appointment. She had an appointment at 3:30pm. We talked for awhile and she started telling us some of the things they did and saw. I'm happy for her, having this experience she won't forget, but I'm sure glad she's home.
She was telling us at the beauty shop how they met with such nice people along the way. One woman came up to them and told her story of being an 8 year survivor of breast cancer. Another was a man who told them about his wife who was just diagnosed. These gals on motorcycles ride the highways to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. That's why I'm so proud of her. She's always doing for others, and if she has some fun along the way, that's just more icing on the cake.
We had the 2 youngest grandsons all day today. It was a good day. I guess Grandpa had fun while I was gone. I left them alone twice today. Before noon, I ran out to WalMart to get some things. When I came home, I fixed them all some lunch. Then left again at 3;00 for my hair appointment.
When I came into my home office to check my email, the youngest one, Bryan, followed me and sat down at my keyboard. I watched his hands as he pretended to play. He holds his fingers up better than Grandma. And he "rocked with the music"..... one-two-three-four. We may be paying for more piano lessons one day and I'll love it.
Our weather today was steamy and hot, but with sunshine and a beautiful sky. The temperature got up to 91°. It's suppose to be like this all week, with the high around 100° by the weekend.
I'm glad I got my running done today, because the air is so thick and heavy my eyes would immediately start to burn. Our little town has factories all around and the construction crew is still in the process of tearing down the grade school a block away. Mix all that dust and pollution with the humidity, and you can have a recipe for severe allergy attacks. Bob and one grandson were sneezing all day, so I made them all stay inside.
I've gotten hooked on the summer TV show called "Under The Dome". Stephen King said it was a story he has worked on since 1970 and dealt with "how people would behave when they are cut off from the society they've always belonged to". It will be coming on in 15 minutes. Anyone going to be watching it with me?
I hope you had a good day. ♥





Sounds like an interesting show, no, I didn't watch...no cable here anymore. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your daughter made it home safe - what a very cool thing for her to do! Will she be going out again anytime soon?
LOVE the pic of your grandson!! Music is something to two of you can share!
I am so glad your daughter had fun and made it home safe and sound. I have watched Under the Dome and it is a thriller for sure. I am with you on the weather...hot, humid, mosquitos, not for me. I become house bound this time of year. Have a good Tuesday my friend.
ReplyDeleteGod bless your daughter and her fellow riders/fund raisers! What a great thing to do, and it really calls attention to their mission. Who wouldn't look at a bunch of women on motorcycles!!??
ReplyDeleteYour weather sounds like ours - hot and humid, though we don't have all the dust particles in the air, too. Best to stay in, for sure.
No, we didn't start watching Under the Dome. I saw the advertisements for it. Let us know if it is keeping your attention, please! We can always catch up on "On Demand".
Stay cool, my friend!