I wish now I had taken that nap this afternoon when I was thinking about it. It may be a very early bedtime for me.
We got up early this morning and made it to church with time to spare. The pastor had a very good message... one of those that steps on my toes. Ouch.
We talked to some friends for quite awhile after the service, then we went out to eat at our favorite eatery. Since we got there a little later than normal, we had to stand in line to get a table. Our little town has several places to eat, 25 to be exact, and on Sunday mornings from 11:00 to 1:00, they are all packed to the rafters. We also have 25 churches, honestly, no joke, so that brings a lot of people out of their homes and kitchens on Sunday's. Our town of 10,000 people love to eat and attending church is important to most.
Our weather today has been very warm. It's so humid and the air is so heavy, it's hard to breath.
I stepped outside awhile ago and since the wind, what little there is, is coming out of the south, I can tell they were cleaning out the horse stalls out at the fairgrounds. Yuk!
It got up to 86° with blue sky for most of the day. The sun is setting now and the clouds have an orange color on some. Beautiful colors.
We will have our 2 youngest grandsons all day tomorrow while Teresa is at work. I also have an appointment to get my hair cut at 3:00. That means Grandpa gets to play with them while I'm gone. They always do their best to get him up out of his chair to play games or softball in the yard. The weather is suppose to be hotter tomorrow than today, so they probably won't want to go outside. They will, however, be very happy if Grandpa hooks up the Wii.
I practiced my piano lesson for over an hour this afternoon and I think I'm beginning to get my timing a little better. One-two-three-four-one-two-three-four............. etc. ;)
My daughter, Lori, who lives in Michigan, called this afternoon and we had a nice chat. They are planning on coming down over the Labor Day weekend and staying 3 days to have some family time. Mike is hoping to put together a combined cook-out with both sides of the family... a chance to meet his brothers and sisters. I hope he gets it all worked out. It sounds like fun.
Lisa, our motorcycling momma, was in Claire, MI, on their way home the last time she checked in this afternoon. One of the gals had some bike troubles and the last I heard the garage was having trouble getting it running right. I'm not sure what's happened since then, but I'll be glad when that "free-spirit" of mine gets home. She'll have lots of stories to tell us --- after she gets caught up on her sleep. I'm glad she took another day of vacation for tomorrow. She'd be too tired to go in anyways. I don't expect to see her until later on in the week.
That was my day.... I hope you had a pleasant Sunday.
"Always pray for eyes that see the best in all people and a heart that forgives the worst.
Pray for a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith.
Pray for the wisdom to learn from your mistakes and the understanding that you may fail again.
And pray for the strength to go on when you think your world has come to an end" -- Author Unknown


Seems to be going around, our pastor was stepping on our toes yesterday as well.
ReplyDeleteGood job on the practice time! :) Do enjoy your grandsons.
Your daughter didn't make it anywhere near us - maybe next time. ;)
The lady that sits with me at church, said it seems our Pastor was single-ing her out yesterday too! Must be going around for sure. Glad your daughter made it back home safely and she will have lots to share. I got my hair cut last week and it feels sooooo much better. Have a good Monday my friend.
ReplyDeleteI hope your daughter the bike-mommy made it home allright. Quite an adventure she had! Have a great day with the grandkids!
ReplyDeleteSounds like I should be glad we missed church this weekend, or my toes would also be hurting! (Though they are hurting already, for missing the service!)
ReplyDeleteI will be happy to hear your daughter made it home from her biking vacation safely. My hair is now shorter than it's been for a long time, and I like it! I'm sure your hubby and the grands will have fun while you are at the hairdresser! Let us know how it goes, please!