Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday and all's well....

I can finally feel it.... that old sensation of freedom I used to get, and love, when Saturday arrived. Maybe it's just old memories. My today is just like my yesterday. I almost wish I had to dread the Monday morning blues again. It would mean I HAD someplace to go. ;) Then I think about it again and realize.... I don't have to!! Yipppeeeee!!!

Today is another blue sky/white cloud day. It's nice, until I step outside. It's getting hot and the humidity is going up.

Last night it got cool and comfortable. I slept with the windows open. But by 11:00am this morning we closed up the house and turned the A/C back on.

The high today is 81° and the humidity is still climbing up from the current 57% .

Last evening I tasted my first Greek yogurt. And I'm afraid I must confess...... I do NOT like it.

I like yogurt, especially with strawberries "in the bottom". And of course, the plain vanilla in my smoothies.

This, however, had an odd texture that left a nasty coating on my tongue. I felt like I needed to go brush my teeth. The taste was very similar to my Yoplait but the negative effects I found does not warrant me ever buying it again.

Have you tried it? Do you like it?

I got an update at noon from my daughter Lisa, on her motorcycle trip through Michigan. They were at Mackinaw City, having lunch before they crossed over to the island. I haven't talked to her yet to see if that was going to be their last stop before heading back home. The original plan was for them to be home Sunday night or Monday morning. I think the accident yesterday when 3 of the gals laid their bikes down on that crazy Reverse Road may have put them behind schedule. They had to take those bikes into the nearest town to get them checked out before they went on.

I have our supper cooking. I pre-cooked some boneless pork ribs then poured my home-made bar-b-que sauce over them and put them in the oven to slow bake. I didn't feel like going out to cook on the grill so it's just going to be my regular recipe. I then put in Bob's favorite.... scalloped potatoes.  It's smelling pretty good. It will be ready soon.


I hope you have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cat picture..makes me smile. I LOVE greek yogurt and eat some every single day, and that brand too. And I have always wanted to go to Mackinaw Island. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made boneless ribs in a long time. Sure sounds good, especially with scalloped potatoes!! Yum. Glad your daughter wasn't one of the ones in the crashes, but hate that any of them had to skid and cause a delay. Hope no one was hurt too badly. We don't get cool enough at night to open the windows, but sure wish it did. We need to wait for October to see those kind of temps. Enjoy your dinner and have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed a post, I didn't read about an accident.

    I had a problem with the texture of Greek Yogurt at first too. I thinned it out with a little milk...almond milk for me and that helped I also add a small bit of raw honey. I have it with cereal mixed in for breakfast. I can now eat it without thinning it, but I need the honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Greek yoghurt, but that may have to do with the fact I visited Greece very often, several of the islands and the main land. I like it plain as well, but I prefer to have it with honey and walnuts, as it is served in Greece.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....