Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday, July18, 2013


A HEAT ADVISORY will go into effect for all of us today at noon! Expect heat index values at and above 100°!
Hot and Humid conditions for several more days until a cold front moves thru the area Saturday afternoon. For today, 93° with a heat index of 101°. On Friday 94° with a heat index of 103°. During the night on Friday night, thunderstorms could roll through the area with a few strong to severe storms possible. 

Yesterday afternoon I met up with my sister when she got off work and we went to our favorite eatery. She didn't feel very well after working in the factory in this heat all day, so we just had iced tea and talked for the next hour. I don't get to see her very often, so we always have to get caught up. She filled me in on her family's happenings. Her husband's sister is very ill and it would be nice to have some prayer warriors for Helen. I've known her many years, even before my sister and Helen's brother were married. She's 71 and was just diagnosed with breast cancer. We don't know what's going to happen because the family says she's too frail to go through chemo.

Tonight we had dinner with daughter #1, son-in-law and grandson #4. We met uptown at the new steakhouse "Black Swamp Bistro". So many people in town have raved about their food, so we decided to give it a try. The food was very good and very generous.

Time for bed. Hope you've had a good day. Tomorrow is Friday!

3 comments:

  1. How nice that you got to catch up with your sister. Prayers offered for Helen. The name of the steakhouse is a bit odd, LOL, but I'm glad you enjoyed the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers will go up for Helen. Glad you enjoyed the new restaurant. Stay cool and enjoy Friday and the upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen is included in my prayers. Please let us know when you hear any news of her. So nice that you could spend some time with your sister. I think it is cooler here in Florida, Carol! Not often I can say that! Nice that you could try the new restaurant with family! Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....