Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Today's weather was a mixture of some good and some bad. It was dark and rainy this morning, then it cleared up for awhile with sunshine. Right now we are having more rain with the possibility of a severe storm developing, with penny size hail and winds up to 50mph.  The high today was a comfortable 79° but now dropping quickly with this latest rain. 
I had a piano lesson this afternoon and it was a good one. Julie is trying to erase the wrong stuff from my head and replace it with the right way. :)  I found out later, after we had finished, that my hubby was watching from the doorway behind me. I wasn't aware of him being back there and I'm sure Julie didn't see him, but I had to laugh at him.  He said "I was just curious". He's enjoyed hearing me practice, said he's very proud of me and now he wants to learn. 

The 4th of July celebrations are fast approaching. Since a lot of people will be taking Friday off from work, that gives them a 4-day weekend. I always loved being able to do that. It was like a mini-vacation.

July 4th is also #2 grandson's 19th birthday. He's my pride & joy. Quite a remarkable young man. He went from this toe-head baby boy that was bored with the traditions we had for birthdays to an Ohio State college student, studying computer science engineering, plus psychology, and still gets bored with birthday traditions. His mother is taking him out to a Japanese restaurant on his birthday, so I had to send his card and gift to him. That was a first. 

At the age of 4, he would lay on our living room floor and do the children's cross-word puzzles in the newspapers.

Bob and I have no plans for the 4th. All of our children & grandchildren have their own plans this year. So we may stand out in the drive-way and watch some of the fire works, if the mosquitoes don't drive us back inside.

Until next time................  take care.

3 comments:

  1. We continue to have rain every day, Carol. It may ruin Lakeland's plans for Red, White & Kaboom tomorrow night. We'll have to decide if we are going to see fireworks or not. We do have plans for a cookout with friends and Tristan on Thursday, for burgers, potato salad and watermelon, etc. It will be fun and not much work. I took Friday off, because we have to take Tristan back. We are enjoying his visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to enjoy some fireworks. We have cancelled all our plans due to severe storms heading our way tomorrow and to the weekend...4 inches of rain in less than 24 hours, etc. So, will be indoors, reading, computing, napping and watching it rain. Hope you sleep well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we had a spy! LOL! I'm happy he's proud of you and is supportive. I love that he wants to learn - that's great! Happy birthday to your grandson. Happy 4th...your house will be empty, mine will be full.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....