Friday, August 9, 2013

Family Get-together

I have had a very busy day. The kids all made it here and we had a great time, sitting around the kitchen table, laughing and catching up with all their news.

Tomorrow is our gr-daughter's 21st birthday, so we gave her our gifts today. Her brother Dylan gave her a movie poster from a movie she loves. Sitting next to her is her fiance Castian.

I fixed big pots of beef and noodles with mashed potatoes for supper. Lori stopped at the grocery store to pick up some drinks and brought down stuff for a big salad and desserts. She picked up something new for us all that's just showed up in our local stores.... remember, we live in a small town. :)

It's called Gelato ... definition:  "sometimes labeled as "Italian ice cream" in the US, but is closer to ice milk, as the Italians have found that too much butterfat interferes with the transfer to the tongue of the fresh flavors Italian gelato is noted for." She got chocolate with chocolate chunks. Whatever they call it, it's delicious, but we couldn't eat very much of it because, even with the low fat content, it's still rich.

Our grandson #3, Dylan, is learning not to fight grandma when she points a camera at him.
He's such a great kid with a fabulous sense of humor. My daughter Teresa (Dylan's aunt) was talking to him when I told them to "look here". She and I are the same height, 5'1", and Dylan is our "little boy". He's 16! And wears a size 15 shoe! Since he and his mom and step-dad moved to MI, we don't see him very often but I think he grew another 3" since the last time.


1
Our daughter Lori, was sitting between her husband Mike and our grandson #1, Joseph. Joe is Lisa's son.

Lisa and her husband weren't able to be here today but everyone will see them tomorrow.

Lisa and Lori are our twins. Are you confused yet? :)

It was a good day, but I'm tired.

Hope you had a good Friday.
Until next time.............





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confused or not, you have a big, great family, and that is what counts, and having them altogether is a blessing! Enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I followed the genealogy okay! LOL Love that you could all get together and thanks for sharing the photos! That is one tall grandson!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....