Friday, August 9, 2013

Family Music

Good morning, everyone. I hope you have a great day. Another weekend is here. Already!

My weekend is going to be a busy one. The kids are all coming home! Lori and her husband and our grandson #3 are coming down from Michigan. Our gr-daughter and her fiance are coming up from N. Carolina. And of course the other 2 daughters and their families, who all live close by, will be here too. It will be nice to see them all again, together in one place. I just wish I had a table like that.


Today was Bob's turn to get Ian to band practice. He let me sleep in a bit. Ian told Grandpa that he didn't feel well when he got up. He sent his mom a text to tell her he didn't feel well. She asked him if he was too sick to go to band and he said "oh, no! I wanna go!" I think he likes it. He told Grandpa later that he played his first note today. I told Ian yesterday that when he got good on the clarinet and I got good on the keyboard, we'd create our own garage band. He just he-hawed. It thrills me to no end that he likes it. I hope that doesn't change.

As for the rest of my grandkids, in order of age, Hollie sings .... Joe dances .... Curtis plays the trumpet .... Dylan's our comedian .... Ian's learning the clarinet and still wants to take drum lessons .... Jr. wants guitar lessons .... Bryan wants to learn how to play my keyboard. Oh, and their Grandpa wants to learn how to play his harmonica.  Our 3 daughters all sing beautifully. Is their showbiz in our future? LOL

Well, gotta run... things to do.
Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. I do believe a family variety show is in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will have a wonderful weekend seeing everyone together again. And about that band, I want a CD first of all! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound like you could have your own family variety show!! How fun your weekend must have been! I'm catching up and can't wait to see your next post!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....