Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hodgepodge Wed.


1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week... what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
Oh, there's so many things I should do, if I could. I would get rid of our "stuff"... those little things, knick-knacks and such, laying around, that drives me crazy anymore. They collect dust and it takes me forever cleaning around them. My hubby doesn't understand why I would want to just throw them away.

2. It's also National Peach Month... peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini?  What's your peach pleasure?
Peach cobbler (warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream) Oops... sorry, I drifted off into drool mode.

3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote: "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree... explain.
I would have to disagree. It would be a way of facing my fears, but I don't think my nervous system could take it.

4. What's your favorite household chore?  Yes- you have to name one.
Since I have to name one, it would be washing dishes. Since Hubby retired, he's helped me clean the kitchen and wash the dishes every evening, by hand. It's during this time we talk, about anything and everything. It's during this time I have his complete attention with no TV. :) 


5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.

Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?  Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I have not been fortunate enough to travel to any of these places but if I had to choose, of course it would have to be Mount Haleakala in Maui HI. I've dreamed of visiting the islands all my life. However, the Grand Canyon or Laguna Beach come in at a close second. 
6. What's your favorite or most used app?  If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
I love my iPhone and I have apps! lol  My favorite is hard to choose. I use all of them but the one I use most often is my weather app. I use it first thing in the morning, again during the hottest part of the day and again in the evening to see how the weather is going to be during the night.

7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
Thus far it's been joyful and uneventful.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My only random thought right now is having to go out in this steamy (humid) weather to go to WalMart. I've been putting it off too long. Gotta do it. :(  There are thunderstorms coming our way for this afternoon, thus the reason for the humidity.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! I enjoyed your answers today! We were close in our thoughts on a couple of them! That cobbler does look good! I would probably have to have some of that, especially with the ice cream melting on top! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like posts like these very much, since they always make you get to know another better. I don't know who came up with the "The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week", but as it happens I just sorted through my cupboards and filled three boxes to bring away tomorrow!
    You asked about my balcony, how I made the photo. I have my living room window next to my balcony, so I leaned out of it as far as I dared... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story about washing the dishes made me think back of the time I still lived with my parents. I usually did the dishes with my mom and dad. Indeed the perfect time of day to talk about everything!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....