Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2013

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. Marrying Becky is the best thing my brother ever did. I'm glad he has her. She's a very kind and generous person. And she takes good care of my baby brother.


Not much of anything going on in my little part of the world. It's been a quiet day.

I didn't feel well this morning, so Bob got up early, picked up Ian and got him out to the school for band practice. I thanked him and went back to bed. I had a splitting headache, but when I got up later it had let up quite a bit. I felt fine after a hot shower. Ian laughed when he saw Grandpa and asked if we were taking turns picking him up. Yep.


Our weather today was still very nice, even though the humidity and the temperature have been climbing up a bit the last few days.

The high today got up to 83° with some cloud cover. The low tonight is suppose to be around 63°. Not as cool as it has been.

We're still sleeping with the windows open, no A/C, but I kept waking up during the night, too warm. That might have contributed to my morning headache.

In the news:  would you eat a "lab-grown meat product"? It was all over the news yesterday, that the first lab grown hamburger was revealed. It looked like real ground beef, but it wasn't. They say this is the wave of the future.
"The €250,000 ($440,525) cost of making the burger was paid by Google co-founder Sergey Brin,  who said he got into the idea for animal welfare reasons. The lab team at Maastricht University grew 20,000 muscle fibers from cow stem cells over the course of three months. These fibers were extracted from individual culture wells and then painstakingly pressed together to form the hamburger."
It doesn't sound appetizing to me.

And with that, kind folks, I will say "good night". Hope you've had a good day.
Until next time............

3 comments:

  1. Hope you didnt have that old headache when you woke up this morning...nothing worse. Not sure if I would eat that meat or not...seems like science fiction to me. Hope you have a good Wednesday...nothing new going on here..just day to day stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P Nope....I don't wanna eat it! As a new label reader I'm finding all kinds of nasty things in processed foods - who KNOWS what they will put in that! I'm trying my level best to eliminate processed foods from my diet. I haven't got it down completely yet, but I'm doing pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to eat that lab-grown burger. Ick. Sorry you woke up with such a terrible headache, and sure hope you didn't have one this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....