The annual World's Longest
Yard Sale, also known as the US 127 Corridor Sale, starts today through the whole weekend. Since highway 127 is a major thoroughfare in our town, thousands of people will be coming through. Some travelers will staying the night in our motels and continuing their travels tomorrow. It is a huge event.
It also means it's going to be very difficult to get across town. Cars will be parked on both sides of the street, legally and illegally. Some will even try to double-park. I hate following those people down the street. They'll either slam on their breaks at the last minute, or drive 5 mph. Then you have the ones who step out of their cars into the line of traffic, or they expect traffic to stop while they walk across the street in front of you. I declare, the avid garage salers have a 6th sense when it comes to the right places to stop, or they'll try to hit every one they see, but it's dangerous for all of us.
This year the sales extend for 690 MILES long ..... from 5 Miles North of Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama! Their web site provides lots of tools and information for those who will be traveling the route, such as trip planners and free maps.
Web site: World's Longest Yardsale
Web site: World's Longest Yardsale
It looks like they'll have good weather for their weekend. Our high today will be 79° with some cloud cover and down to 57° tonight. Good sleeping weather.There is a chance of some light rain tomorrow and Saturday, but the weather experts say it will be spotty and scattered.
We've had the A/C turned off for several days now and it looks like we might not have to turn it back on for another week or so. This has been a very mild summer for us so far. But this is only the first day of August, so it can change anytime. I think we'll still get more of those hot, humid days and it will probably be the first week of school where the teachers will have to deal with all those little sweaty, smelly darlings in a small room.
Bob still hasn't gotten the riding lawn mower fixed. Everything has tested out ok, all settings right on the hundreth degree, so it all comes back to that starter one mechanic tested and told him it was ok. He's off again right now to see another guy about borrowing a starter to put on the mower to see if that isn't the problem. Thank goodness we have another mower so our grass isn't looking like a jungle out here.
So far today, I've gotten a lot accomplished. I took advantage of the hubby being out of the house. I don't know why but I can't seem to get any cleaning done when he's sitting in his chair. I got a load of laundry done, cleaned the bathroom, dusted the living room, put a chocolate dessert in the oven and I just got a meatloaf mixed up and ready to go in.
My chocolate dessert is a new recipe. It's looking good, and smells so good, but the center is all puffed up so I'm afraid to open the oven door until it finished. It looks like it may fall before then. Kind of like a mousse, which I've never been able to make. I have no idea if it's going to taste good, but I'll let you know. If it's a 'keeper', I may post it on my recipe page. It was so easy to whip together and bakes for a half hour. Something that could be made on short notice. I like that kind of recipe. Have you ever tried your hand at making a mousse?
I better get back to the kitchen so I'm closing this for now. Hope you've had a good day.
Until next time.................
I've never made a mousse. Let us know how yours turned out, please! I'm not adventurous when it comes to baking/cooking. KISS...keep is simple sister!! I'm happiest with a mix, or a no-bake recipe. Twenty years ago, I was a much better cook.
ReplyDeleteThe 690 mile long garage sale sounds amazing! Wow. I'm not a garage sale person, but there are sure thousands out there who are.
Your weather sounds so nice! Enjoy!
The yard sale runs through Chattanooga too and I have never fought the traffic and crowds. I know some try to drive the whole length. I dont need anything bad enough to do that. Enjoy the nice weather before the bad arrives.....
ReplyDeleteI hope your dessert turned out! That sale sounds quite amazing - I'd like to go...well, maybe not LOL!
ReplyDelete