I don't know what happened to me last evening, but I just couldn't handle the party. I wish I hadn't even gone. I felt like an out-sider and distanced myself from the group, half of which I didn't know. After I nibbled a bit on the food while Bob was cleaning up his plate full, we left and came home. It was not a good experience. I haven't felt that way in a very long time.
My brother-in-law, Mike, had a good time though, and I'm glad. That's what it was all about. His wife and kids pulled it off and he was totally surprised. When he came walking around to the backyard, everyone yelled surprise! Then he turned to my sister to ask if she knew about this. Her face said it all....
Mike is such a good sport. He let the kids dress him up in a costume then his grandkids wanted a picture with him. The glasses were shaped in a big "60" and that's his "cane" that Keira is holding for him. It was funny.
It's a dark, gloomy day today. It looks like it could rain any minute, but the weatherman says no rain in sight. Tonight will be another cool one ... 55°! We turned the a/c off again, but we'll no doubt turn it back on tomorrow or Tuesday. Our weather has been a real roller coaster ride this season.
I'm back after a short break. I washed up the dirty dishes, put a chicken in the oven and got out the things to start shredding up some zucchini my daughter brought down, a bag full. A client brought them in to her. I'm going to do them up into individual bags, 2 cups each, and put them in the freezer. We'll be able to bake zucchini bread all winter.
I hope everyone has a good week ahead.
Until later................
Yum to that zucchini bread, all winter long!
ReplyDeleteI've become so lazy, that we buy a rotisserie chicken from Sam's or Publix, when we want chicken. And I used to bake chicken all the time.
It's too bad you felt uncomfortable at the party last night. Guess it's good you could slip away early. Glad that Mike was surprised, and the kids must have had a blast dressing him up. You are right - good sport, for sure!
Hope your Sunday has been a good one, Carol. We had 76 last night, but it was still too humid to turn off the AC and open windows. We're at least a month away from that kind of weather here. Enjoy yours while you can.
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the party, I hope you were able to go home and enjoy the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete