Today is another Hodgepodge Wednesday... already. Here's my answers to Joyce's questions this week. If you would like to join the fun, here is how to join Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
This question is easy ................ Music! From the headphones my daughters laid on their bellies when pregnant to Great-Grandma humming a tune while she worked in the kitchen, we are never to young or too old to enjoy the music.
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
When I was in high school, we had an hour for lunch but didn't have a cafeteria so several of us would walk the 2 blocks to downtown for lunch. We had a few different places we loved to go, but the drug store was our favorite. We'd get a bologna sandwich or cheese sandwich and a cherry or vanilla coke. A friend of ours that always went with us would order a sandwich and a cup of hot water. Then she'd put ketchup on her sandwich plus in her cup of water. Whallla! Tomato soup! Those were the highlight of my days in high school, being with my BFF's, laughing and having a good time.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S.
last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize?
Your thoughts?
Oh, my.... this one I have to think about. I'm torn both ways. I believe in 'equal pay for equal work'. The fast food joints are everywhere, employing so many including my grandkids (at one time). I know if, and that's a big IF, the employee actually does the work, they deserve better pay. What Micky D's pays their employees is ridiculous. He would just be able to put gas in his car to get to work, with nothing left-over. But I don't think they need a union. There are too many teenagers working in fast food that won't do the work to deserve a better pay. There's no work ethics in younger people. A union would only make matters worse.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
I don't use much honey, but I will put some on an English muffin.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a
shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth
do you say something or do you keep quiet?
That depends on who it is and where we are. If it's another female I'm close to, I'll put the tag down where it belongs, but on a man, NO, only for my husband. As for the other items (the button or the teeth) I just can't do it, unless it's a family member.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
THE NOTEBOOK. I've seen it many times and I know how it ends, but I always cry. Can't help it. It's such a beautiful story.
7. 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
This one I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I'm not good at improvising.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been on the news the last few days about the CDC "advising" us to get our flu shots early. I have gotten one before but I'm not going to anymore. There are too many studies that's released information about the dangers of the vaccine. It contains mercury levels that are higher than the maximum allowed exposure limit. This can cause memory loss, depression, ADD, oral health problems, digestive imbalances, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and more. And for the elderly, evidence is mounting that it can cause Alzheimer's disease and weakens the immune system with makes us more susceptible to infections. In the 1976 swine flu outbreak, many who got the flu shots developed
permanent nerve damage. Flu vaccines contain many harmful materials
besides the mercury, which I've already mentioned, like detergent, formaldehyde, and strains of live flu
virus. That's not something I want to put in my body ever again. That's just my opinion.

I get a flu shot every year, and totally believe in them. When everyone else gets sick, I don't. They have never made me sick, or caused any problems. Joe gets them too.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about The Notebook! A great movie and definitely one that brings tears, every time.
What fun to be able to go "out" for lunch when you were in school. We needed special permission to leave the building before the last bell rang.
I really enjoy Hodgepodge!!
Agreeing with you once again on the above. I really must join in on this someday. No flu shots here! I've heard the controversy and decided it wasn't worth the risk. I've never had one, never needed one and plan to continue to stay healthy eating nutritious food and juicing.
ReplyDelete