Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, Sept 12, 2013

I hope everyone is well. What if I pointed out to you that the month of September is almost half over? Now I feel depressed because I know the white stuff isn't too far away. I hate winter.

I got out my card stock, papers, scissors, glue, etc. last evening to see if I could still make a decent home-made greeting card. It's been a very long time.
It's an anniversary card for my sister and her husband. I still have to put the verse on the inside, written especially for them. What do you think?

Good news: we got a little bit of rain over-night. Not nearly enough tho'. Our brown grass crunches when we step on it.

Grandson #2 was here twice yesterday! I love it when I see him come through the back door. I think he's a bit taller every time. He was all over town applying for jobs. He had to come home from OSU last month and he's so disappointed. We all are. The money ran out. He was there 3 weeks this quarter, taking classes and trying to work out some things to pay for this semester, but when they told him there wasn't enough in his account, he left but not before they told him he owes $700 for tuition, the dorm room and food for the 3 weeks he was there. This just is not fair! He's a straight A student that can't afford to go to college. I wish I knew of some way to get him some help. I need to win the lottery.

Yesterday I watched the news clips, pictures and videos of the 2 Million Bikers to DC. It was amazing to see all the bikers coming from all over to join the rally. But of course, none of the mainline media covered it. I knew they wouldn't. I did read where one reporter from "The Blaze" was there to cover the Muslim March. She was all over the area, asking people if they'd seen the Muslim rally. No one had, but one biker invited her to ride on the back of his bike. He told her there was a "greater story here". So she did. It was a good article.  Read her news article here


I hope you have a great day.
Until next time...............

4 comments:

  1. Love your card and know they will too! It is sad that your grandson isnt able to go to college, and it happens to so many of our young people that really want to go. I didnt see anything about the Muslim/Biker rally, but assume it did go on as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your grandson's education. It isn't fair. That almost happened to my son and the dean found a way.

    Your card looks great! I'm glad you're making cards too!! One more thing we can share! May I borrow your layout?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie... of course you can use the layout. I got my idea from a magazine.

      Delete
  3. Your card is beautiful and they will love it. I'm so sorry about your grandson's college tuition problem. It does seem like there should be a way for him to go. Has he talked with his counselor about it? Where there is a will, there is a way. I'll sure add him to my prayer list, Carol.

    Wish I could send you some of our daily rain.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....