Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday, Oct. 4

We are in Day 4 of the government shutdown and stories are surfacing about the effects on some people. I've gotten hooked on a radio talk show every afternoon on AFR (American Family Radio). A gentleman called in today to talk about his insurance under the "Affordable Care Act". He said he's going to have to find another job to pay the premiums which will now cost him $2400 instead of the $1100 he paid before and under the new rulings he can't keep his same doctor. This is just contrary to what we were told. How can they still say this is good for the American people?

Then on the news last night, they were talking about the high traffic volume on the marketplace web site that was knocking folks offline and the phone lines are so swamped, people haven't been able to get through. I guess that's a mess.

And today, have you heard the latest? Big O has now shut down the grocery stores/commissaries on ALL military bases, here and overseas. ALSO he's shut off all NFL and baseball games to our military. They cannot watch any ball games, but he's still got his golf courses and leisure trips. He's also ordered the barricades at the memorial to be wired together to keep the vets out that are coming in on Honor Flights and he ordered park security to arrest anyone who attempts to break through.
This has become a huge mess and I don't see it coming to a close very soon, unless the news I heard just a few minutes ago is right. John Boener has conceded to the Democrats and is in favor of raising the debt ceiling, which is what they wanted in the beginning.

I received the following in an email today and I can't find anything to argue with here.
Did you know OBAMA RATED 5TH BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY
From a total of 44 US Presidents: Obama rated 5th best president ever.
A Democratic publicity release said,
"... after a little more than 5 years, Americans have rated President Obama the 5th best president ever."
The details according to White House Publicists:
Reagan and Lincoln tied for first,
23 presidents tied for second,
17 other presidents tied for third,
Jimmy Carter came in 4th, and
Obama came in fifth.

That's enough of that. My head hurts from thinking about all this information today.

On a brighter note, our grand-daughter Hollie has moved. No, that's not the good news. She's too far from home. I miss her alot, but I'm also happy for her. She and her fiance are now living in Pensacola, Florida in a beautiful home. Cass has taken a good job down there. They just got furniture moved in Tuesday.

We ran out to the grocery this afternoon and we had just gotten home when some strange looking clouds rolled in. We weren't sure if it was going to be a bad storm or what it was going to do. I just know it looked very weird, but so far all we've gotten is a few sprinkles. It had me very concerned because of the heat and humidity being so high. We turned the a/c back on, it was so miserable in here. Then I remembered back to November 10, 2002. The weather was just like this when a huge tornado formed and took out part of our town and a few citizens. That was the scariest day of my life.

"Intellect does not always lead to good policy decisions, especially when it’s power and control they want."

I hope you've had a good day.
Until later..............



3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, love the kitty at the end. I too am very concerned about what is going on in our country and I'm sure there is even more awful stuff we don't know about. I'm trying hard not to read too much and just keep praying and trusting my God who knows the outcome and has it all under HIs control, whether "they" know it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say we have a mess is an understatement. It is a tragedy and no hope of resolving it any time soon. All I can think about is the end of time as we know it. I try really hard not to worry and let God control, but it is hard sometimes. On the happier note, glad your granddaughter got a good job and new home. The rain is supposed to hit us tomorrow and then turn cold. Keep looking up....
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so late getting around to blogs! I agree - saying things are a mess is a gross understatement.

    Great news for your granddaughter!! Pensacola is like another state away from us. I think it would take us almost six hours to get up there, from here, but I sure hope they like Florida as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....