Sunday, October 13, 2013

Beautiful Sunday, Oct. 13

We missed church again this morning. I think Bob and I are fighting a bug. I've been coughing the last couple days and he has a sore throat. We thought it best not to expose our friends and family to this, just in case we're contagious, which we probably are. 

Today is another beautiful day. Blue sky and 71°. Best we enjoy it because by the middle of the week, we could see our first hard frost. Cold weather is on the way. I wanna go south for the winter. 

Nothing much is going on here in my world. I've been watching videos and reading updates on what's happening  in Washington DC this weekend. First was the Truckers Ride for the Constitution, but what few news people I saw had all kinds of other names for it. What little they know and even less than they reported. I thought the media might be finally getting on the right path. Guess not.

Then today was the Veteran's March to the Memorials. That got a little more exciting, if I can use that term. The barricades came down, then security put them back up, and the people took them back down. Some men even picked them up and started walking toward the White House with them. They said they were taking them back to the owner. I had to shut down so I don't know how far they got. I just know there were hundreds of people walking from the WW2 Memorial and on to the others. For the most part, it was a peaceful demonstration.

I can't help but wonder if anyone on Capital Hill was actually  aware of what was outside their windows. Did Barry know anything? Or was he off playing golf in another city or country? Oh, that's right… I forgot, he was in a meeting with Congress on the budget bill. Wonder how that went. I heard last night they had given in and gave him 99.9% of what he wanted, but he still denied it.  Then he still says it's all the Republicans' fault.

I saw on TV today they've done a remake of the movie "Bonnie and Clyde". I liked the original with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. This one is made for TV and will be 4 night mini-series. I may watch it just out of curiosity.

 I hope you've had a good day.

Until next time……

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you and Bob are under the weather, and that your weather is about to get cold! You are welcome here for a visit any time, Carol. Come down when you want to get warm!!

    I saw the new Bonnie & Clyde moving advertised. Depends on what night it is on...might have to DVR it so we can watch it later.

    The media will never be on the side of the conservatives...unless they finally figure out the damage being done is real and tangible and will affect them as well as the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you and Bob feel better soon. Seems that nasty cold has drug on forever doesnt it? The Republicans are at fault in everything - according to the Dems and the Pres. I just cant stand to watch what is going on.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....