Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, Oct. 11, 2013

Hey, Charlie Brown.... It's Friday!  I hope you're having a good day. There's not much happening here, same ol' stuff. But that's not all bad. I woke up this morning. That's good. I put on warm clothes. That's good. I ate breakfast. That's good. And the sun is shining. That's good. So... today is a good day! Right? 

I didn't have any plans when I woke up this morning, but that did change this afternoon. Afterall, I had my clothes on, so why not leave the house? I've always been a spontaneous person. 

We have a new clothing store in town and I've read comments from several on FB about finding new clothes for $2 and $5, so I went out today for the first time. I don't know if I'm just picky or what it is, but I couldn't find one thing that interested me. To me it all looked like stuff that had been stored in boxes in someone's attic for years. 

Speaking of being spontaneous, the craziest thing I ever did in my life, was back in 1968, B.K. (before kids). Bob was in the Army and stationed at Fort Jackson, S.C. He was there for basic and after 5 months, I got to missing him so much. We'd only been married a few months when he left. I was working a full-time job in a factory (and hated every minute of it). My girlfriend stayed with me off and on during that time because her husband was also in basic and we were on our own. One Friday afternoon, when I got off work at 3:00, I made that big spontaneous decision. Connie worked until 5:00 so I called her and told her I was all packed and was leaving for Ft. Jackson. She told me to wait until she got off work... she was going with me. Off we went, taking turns and driving straight through. We had no trouble getting onto the base, found our guys and then headed back home Sunday. Everything went well and it's an experience I'll never forget. 

Until next time.........

4 comments:

  1. This made me giggle " Afterall, I had my clothes on, so why not leave the house?" I admire you for driving to see Bob, I don't think I would have ever had the nerve to drive that far, even with a friend. My hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me giggle " Afterall, I had my clothes on, so why not leave the house?" I admire you for driving to see Bob, I don't think I would have ever had the nerve to drive that far, even with a friend. My hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Sat. we are supposed to stay in our jammies arent we? lol I did the same thing you did, but I came home with two coat type sweaters and a scarf from the thrift store I go to, and at a bargain too! Rest and relax the rest of the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sundays are sometimes my jammie days, since we go to church on Saturday evening. I have never been a spontaneous person, though I am usually up for most anything, I like it better when I have planned it ahead of time. Very cool that you surprised your guys, and I'm sure you had no problem getting on base. I dated an Army guy for awhile, and was able to go in and out of Ft. Belvoir with no trouble at all. Something about cute young girls, I think.... Might not be so easy these days, even for cute young girls! LOL

    I envy you your cool weather! Have a good Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....