Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hodgepodge Wednesday 10-9-2013


It's another Hodgepodge Wednesday already! I think these are coming closer together each week. I just answered the last questions. Who stole my days in between?

1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?

I would like to explore the small village in Switzerland where my niece lives. I became interested when she first moved there with her new husband and she has told me a little about her new way of life, the village where she now lives, her home, transportation she has to take to get to the nearest railroad, I find it all so very fascinating. To a girl that was born and raised in a small town in Ohio, USA, I can't imagine what all she had to adjust to, not to mention learning a whole new language in order to communicate with her inlaws and get around. 

2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?

I can't think of anyone right now except for another cartoon character... how about Druella from "101 Dalmatians" . The first time I saw that film was with my little grandson and when she appeared trying to steal the puppies, the look at the little guy's face was precious. I guess that's why I thought of her. 

3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?

To a certain extent, it is. It's good to have a measure of open-mindedness in order to be teachable, but not be so open-minded that we are wishy-washy and easily influenced by every person or idea that comes our way.

4. How often do you weigh yourself?

I know the "experts" don't recommend this but I weigh myself about every morning. I know my body and how it reacts to certain things and certain foods, so by keeping track of my daily weight, I know what I'm doing right and most importantly, what I'm doing wrong. 

5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!

Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?

Since I've never been to another country, I really can't answer this. However, I've noticed how different people act in other parts of our country. I can't say the people in the south, Texas for example, are happier, but they act like it. They're friendly, they don't hesitate to give a smile to a stranger and I feel their whole outward demeanor shows inner happiness. I live in Ohio and I can testify to the fact that the majority of people around here are NOT happy.  

6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?

I can't think of a particular book title, but I do believe each student should read the Constitution ..... the original and not one that's being altered today. Along with that they should include the history behind it ,... who were the men that wrote it and why. Our younger generation does not know the foundation on which our great country was built on. 

7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

No, I have not. I've thought about it, but I haven't decided what to buy for who. I usually don't get started until the first of December. I like to have the Thanksgiving turkey fullly digested before I start on the next holiday.   

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My mind has been on my #3 daughter since our telephone conversation yesterday. She has a huge professional decision to make this week and I'm praying for God's help in her making the right choice. 

2 comments:

  1. It is so funny, every time I read something on your blog, I almost really lol, cause we think so much alike and like the same things most of the time. We would be good neighbors Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers as always. Prayers for your daughters decision.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....