Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Hodgepodge for Wed. Oct. 23

1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?

Show respect and not let the door slam in her face.
Say 'thank you' once in awhile.

2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?

I've never heard of that phrase, but I know our schools need a lot of reform. There is no discipline and the children have no respect for anything or anyone. Too many of them aren't interested in learning or being told what to do. There has to be a way to get through to the troubled children, especially the ones from a messed up home life.

3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.

There is absolutely no celebrity that I care to admire or pay much attention to what is being worn. I just know there's several that need to be taught modesty.

4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?

In the spring, the pollen  bothers my eyes and nose …  In the summer, I have trouble breathing in the humidity and heat, forcing me to stay inside in the a/c ….. The fall, I start getting headaches from the cooler air and the constant changing barometric pressure …. The winter cold makes my muscles ache from shivering as soon as I step outside.
You asked. :) 

5. Scariest book you've ever read?

How about the book I got from Medicare?
Seriously though, I love to read a good mystery and a lot of the ones I've read have been murder mysteries, but I can't say I've ever read a book that actually scared me.  I've cried, I've laughed, I've gotten excited, but never scared. 

6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?

My worst time of day for me is always in the evening, around 9:00 pm. Don't tell my doctor, but I always go looking for something sweet.

7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?

I'm an independent person, always have been. And that's been my downfall. When I get my mind on something, I'll step out and try to do it myself. Sometimes I'm successful, other times I'm a total failure, then I have to ask for help.
Which do I find harder to deal with in others? That would have to be the needy. Being just the opposite, I have trouble with people  who act as though they're helpless and can't do things for themselves.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Right now I have too many swirling around in my head I can't straighten them out. So, I have to omit this one.


I hope you've had a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers, Carol, and once again we had similar thoughts about most of these. Joe and I both laughed at your scariest book answer!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....