Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sat. Oct. 26, 2013

I just realized I hadn't posted anything since last Wed. Did anyone miss me? hehehe

The last couple days have been nerve-wracking. I spoke too soon about Daughter #3 feeling better. Thursday morning she fell in the parking lot at work and injured her wrist. Being a massage therapist, she needs her hands and arms or she can't work. She thought she was ok but the pain kept getting worse. She ended up going to the emergency room for an x-ray. They insisted on doing all sorts of tests because they were more concerned in WHY she fell. It seems she blacked out from a heart arrhythmia -- due to the stress she's been under. But the wrist isn't broken, thank goodness. She went back to work.

Today is the town's Harvest Festival uptown on Main Street, then the kids have their trick-or-treat from 4:00-6:00 pm. Daughter #3 is uptown right now, joining all the merchants in the annual giving out of candy and prizes to the kids. Last year they each had over 300 kids going from store to store. For a small town like our's, that is quite a lot.

After she gets done there, she's bringing the boys and a couple of their friends to our house where they can eat and get dressed in their costumes before heading out in our neighborhood. We always walk with them and keep them in the area where I know they'll be safe. The fire dept. usually comes down our street, tossing candy from the trucks. Sometimes I think I get just as excited as the kids. Parts of me hasn't grown up yet. Bob and I used to dress up too when they were little and we stood out in the front yard passing out candy.

I just finished making some hot chicken in the crock-pot for sandwiches later. That way they can eat whenever they want.

The weather isn't very good for the kids today. It's dark and gloomy, 52°, but it's very windy. I don't know if we'll have too many little ones at our door, but the candy is ready for those that do come. The first few years after we moved in  here, we had over a hundred kids.

That's about all I have to report today. I hope you have a great weekend.

Until later..........

1 comment:

  1. I DID miss you, Carol, but you have been on Facebook, so I wasn't worried about you.

    So sorry about your #3's accident! Stress can cause so many problems!! I hope she is doing better, and the wrist won't cause her too much pain as she works.

    Fun, fun with all the kids for your trick or treat night. That is such a good idea!! Our night is always Halloween. We don't turn the lights on anymore. The last few years we had candy, the only kids we got were big kids, some not even dressed up. That's when we decided to forget about participating. bah humbug!

    Have a blessed Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....