Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013

Before I say anything, I want to wish my friend and teacher a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a great day, Julie.

We got up early this morning and went to church. It was a good service. Pastor Clark has started a new teaching series from Malachi.

After service we went to Bob Evans with Jack and Elaine (Bob's brother and his wife) and Mark and Joyce (friends). The 6 of us haven't been together like that in ages. We all attend church together but usually go our separate ways afterwards. Today was good, being with them and talking for hours.

Yesterday, my youngest daughter came in after work. She was in bad shape. Every time she looked at me, she just cried, couldn't talk to me. Her nerves are tied in knots. She has so much she's dealing with right now, she's overwhelmed. She needs prayer. I'm really worried about her. If you'd say a little prayer for her, it would mean so much. She knows the Lord and has learned that He can help, but you know the saying... "can't see the forest for the trees". I think all she can see are the problems in front of her right now.

We had another pleasant day. The sun was shining beautifully and the temperature was around 62°. The forecast for this coming week says "cold". I'm not ready.... no one is.

I went through my closet yesterday to see what I had in the way of warm clothes and coats. I need to go shopping. I hate trying to find something, anything, that I'd like to wear. It all seems so ugly on the rack. But on the good side, I found a coat I'd forgotten I had and it still fits. It's like new. However, the Salvation Army is going to be getting a black bag full of those little things in the back of the closet that I finally have to admit that "I'll never get back into that".

I think I hear a nice hot cup of chamomile tea is calling me.
I hope you've had a nice day.
Until next time.............

3 comments:

  1. So sorry your daughter is dealing with so much and will definitely say a prayer for her. Sounds like you had a good Sunday, church and lunch with friends. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your daughter is going through such a tough time, and I will certainly keep her in my prayers!

    How nice to spend time with family and friends, over good food and with good conversation! I'm sure that made your Sunday!

    Cold....brrrrrr. We had a record breaking 90° yesterday. I'm ready for cooler, but not cold! One of the projects I intended to do and didn't was to start picking through my closet. One pile for consignment and one to donate. I have so many things I've not worn for years, taking up space and making it look like I have a huge wardrobe, when there are only a dozen things I wear all the time. Good grief!! Now you got me started! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the birthday wish Carol, it was a lovely day. Prayers going up for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....