Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013


The calendar may say October, but I'm not sure what our thermometer is saying. It was 79° today, after the dark clouds moved out of the way. It was still a beautiful day.

The month of October is national COOKIE month!! Oh, yes! I'm thinking of doing some baking. Maybe peanut butter cookies! My favorite. Or maybe oatmeal cookies. Then again, maybe sugar cookies.

Not much happening around here. Daughter #3 stopped by after work. Her boss has moved the massage salon to a new location.... on Main Street. The last several days has been very hectic for our girl. But now that all the remodeling is done and they've officially opened the 'new doors' she feels much better.

Our government is in such a mess today. Now they've officially gone into a shut-down, I wonder what that will mean to so many people. The stories are starting to surface. I heard parts of the president's speech this afternoon and he aggravated me so much, which usually happens when he opens his mouth. Of course, it's all the republican's fault, according to him, and he's "willing to work with them". That's not what he said last night. More lies.

I have a heavy heart tonight. All around me are people who are hurting, people I know and care deeply for. There are physical pains and emotional pain. My heart goes out for each one of them and pray God will hear their prayers and mine.

With that, I'm closing down and heading for bed and a very exciting mystery book I'm reading. It kept me awake until 2:00 am this morning before I could put it down.

I hope you have a good day.
Until later.........



1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by what book you are reading, Carol, that kept you awake until 2:00 a.m.!!?? I love a good mystery!

    A new massage location on Main Street sounds like it will be a good move for them! Keep us posted!

    You know I agree with you about our president. Enough said.

    Wishing you a good Wednesday, and your prayers are added to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....